Chapter 44

I fell asleep watching the anime with akali but she made sure to wake me up about 30 minutes after.

Akali: "Wake up."

She shook me awake

Me: "Nah I'm good."

I rolled away

Akali: "I guess you don't want cookies then."

I jump off the bed and head towards the kitchen. But to my great disappointment all of the cookies were gone.

Me: "Yo who the fuck ate all my damn cookies!"

I rushed out of the kitchen and to the dining room. Everyone had a half eaten cookie in their hand. I took a deep breath and exhaled over the course of 15 uninterrupted seconds.

Me: "Very rarely have I been this infuriated in my life."

I take a step closer to them

Kai'sa: "I saved you a cookie."

Me: "And that is why you are my favorite."

She handed me a cookie, and it tasted absolutely divine.

Me: "Man it sucks I can't eat cookies too often."

Akali walked up behind me and hugged me.

Akali: "Why not?"

Me: "Cookies are a treat, and eating treats shouldn't be done regularly, or else it wouldn't exactly be a treat."

Akali: "That's fair."

She let me go and sat down next to evelynn.

Akali: "Hey y/n you're a guy right?"

I took a seat on one of the chairs

Me: "I believe so."

Akali: "What is the easiest way to ask a guy out?"

Me: "Why do you want to know?"

Akali: "So I can use this information in the future."

Me: "And you're asking me? Of all people? Evelynn has probably had more flings with guys than I've had meals."

Akali cleared her throat and looked at me disapprovingly.

Me: "You I'm fucking right."

I didn't say that part out loud I just mumbled it out.

Me: "Hmm, well if you want to ask a guy out, just ask him out, it's not that complex."

Akali: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Imma be honest here, we are basically braindead, we won't get any of your hints 90% of the time and even if we do we won't assume you're trying to flirt. So just skip all of the bullshit and tell the guy that you want to go on a date."

Ahri: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Mhmm it's that simple, just ask him out and if he feels the same way he will say Yes. Oh and don't dance around it you wanna make sure there is no doubt in the guys mind that you want to go out."

Kai'sa: "S-so all we have to do is a-ask and we get a date."

Me: "Yeah, as long as the guy feels the same way."

Akali: "But what if the guy says no?"

Me: "What if I ask a girl and she says no? Just move on, like the fuck."

Akali: "Have you ever gotten rejected?"

Me: "I've never bothered to ask girls out."

Akali: "What? So you've never been in a relationship?"

Me: "Have you?"

Akali: "Uh..."

Ahri: "No one has, mostly because we are popstars and the paparazzi would be all over it."

Me: "Hmm."

Kai'sa: "Why haven't you gone out with anyone?"

Me: "Because a relationship with a woman doesn't seem at all worth it."

Akali: "What do you mean."

I tilted my head up

Me: "If I were to get I to a relationship that means I'd have to give my partner attention and love. That's just not something I can do. Like, how could I possibly make another person happy if I myself am not happy."

Akali: "Oh well-"

Me: "Let's put that aside and say I could make my partner happy. At any time she could decide to simply cheat on me. And even if they don't, what if they are just dating me for the money how do I know if they enjoy me as a person. How do I know that they aren't faking."

Akali: "I suppose yeah."

Me: "And then again what if they use the most private and protected parts of my life against me. All of my insecurities and inadequacies would be shoved into my face by a person I'm supposed to care about."

Evelynn: "What a way to bring down the mood."

Me: "Don't ask questions that'll bring down the mood and the mood won't be brought down."

I got up

Akali: "That's such a dumb way to look at relationships."

I look at her questionably

Akali: "Why assume the worst in your partner?"

Me: "Because I take all variables into account including all the bad ones."

Akali: "But a relationship is a two way street."

Me: "Wrong, a good relationship is a two way street."

She pouted

Akali: "So you're just going to abandon something good out of fear."

Me: "No I'm weighing risk and rewards and in this case I'm taking a shit ton of risk for potentially no reward."

Ahri: "Woah what sad outlook on life."

I rolled my eyes

Me: "I'm sorry for not believing that I live in Disneyland where everyone is happy and no one goes through struggle."

I clicked my tongue and started to walk away.

Akali: "Where are you going?"

Me: "I'm going to watch a movie or something"

Akali PoV

Y/n sat down on the couch I followed behind him and sat next to him.

Me: "Being in a relationship isn't bad you know?"

Y/n: "Yeah well I'm not going to risk myself to find that out."

I laid my head to rest on his shoulder.

Y/n is the dumbest smart person I know.

Everyone else decided to join us and took seats around us. Kai'sa actually took his left arm.

He put on a movie called The Void.

Me: "Night mode on."

The room went dark and about ten minutes in he was already asleep. I sighed and snuggled closer to him.

Mayne I should just take his advice and ask him out. Or else he's never going to get it.

A determined smile creeps onto my face.

Yeah tonight, I'll do it tonight.