Chapter 46

The time was now 12 AM everyone was tired. We had been watching the first season of a new drama show since I "spoiled" the original show they were watching.

With the end of the first season finale everyone unanimously decided to call it a night. As I stood up akali clamped onto me. So as I stood up I dragged her with me.

I sighed and wrap my arms under her.  She looked up at me with a smug grin on her face. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I carried her away to her room. She helped me open the door and I walked inside. I placed her down on the bed but she didn't let me go.

She pulled me even closer, my face was no mushed onto her chest.

Me: "Would you mind letting me go?"

Akali: "Yes, I would mind, and I have something important to tell you."

I turn my face up a little with a curious look on my face.

Me: "Am I in trouble?"

Akali: "That fully depends on how you respond."

I swallow nervously as anxiety starts creeping up inside of me.

Me: "Okay what is it?"

I felt her hand lightly caressing the back of my neck but didn't say anything.

Akali: "Do you..."

I stayed silent but thought to my self do what...?

Akali: "No. Let's go out, you and me."

Me: "Go out? Like go for a walk?"

She face palmed

Akali: "That one is on me. Y/n, let's go out on a date, just you and me."

A WHAT?

Me: "A date? You- you want to go on a date... with me?"

Akali: "Yup."

I broke out of her grasp and stared at her in shocked silence. I quickly try to calm down

Me: "Look akali, you're a wonderful person but I just don't see you and me working out together."

Akali: "And you know this based on what?"

Me: "You and I are opposites, the old saying "Opposites attract." Isn't true for relationships."

She crossed her arms

Akali: "Are you just scared of a relationship."

I clenched my fists

Me: "No."

Akali: "Then why do you look so terrified."

Me: "Because..."

I sighed and sat down on her bed

Me: "Because I'm scared you won't like me if you got to know me again."

She sat up and scooted closer

Akali: "Who says I won't?"

I turn to look at her

Me: "I'm not the same person I was Akali, I- I'm tired akali, and I don't have the right mentality to get into a relationship like this."

I could feel my heart jumping to my throat.

Me: "I'll never be enough for you so just forget about me. Move on and find someone who can truly make you happy."

I was choking up but tried to make her understand.

Akali: "Nope, if your only argument is that you don't believe yourself worthy then you better just kiss me now."

I raised my eyebrow

Akali: "I'm the one who asked you out that means that I myself think you're worth my time."

Me: "But-"

Akali: "No buts! I want to make one thing very clear I like you, you're funny, interesting, athletic, and smart plus I bet you have some dope stories to tell. And that is exactly what I'm looking for in a partner."

She placed both of her hands on my cheek.

Akali: "It's okay to feel inadequate everyone has felt like trash at one point. I get that you're scared but you shouldn't be. If you really feel you can't make me happy then I'll just wait until you feel like you can."

I looked at her in the eyes, and all I could see was was genuine care.

Me: "Okay, I'll give some thought to it."

She beamed and giggled before quickly pulling me for a hug.

Akali: "Great! Now straight to bed."

She let me go and snuggled under the sheets. A small smile creeps onto my face.

Me: "I need to get a drink, I'll join you in a bit."

She frowned

Me: "I'm serious I'll be back."

I stuck out my pinkie

Me: "I promise."

Akali: "If you aren't here by 30 minutes then I'm finding you and dragging you to bed."

She had a pout on her face which I had to admit was adorable. I chuckled and nodded as I got up and left her room.

I should probably check on mom.

I remember akali told me she was at the very back of the hall. I silently crept along to her room. When I reached the out side I gently opened the door. I made out her figure sleeping on the bed.

Well I suppose she was feeling a little tired today.

I gently closed the door and head for the kitchen. I slowly walks across the living room.

I don't want to wake anyone

As I reached the kitchen I realized there was a faint light inside. But that wasn't the only thing, I was also hearing light sobs. The sobbing gets progressively louder.

Crying isn't typically a good sign.

I entered the kitchen and person likely heard me because the sobbing stopped. I turn on the kitchen light and find no one. A phone was on the counter with two earbuds next to it.

A smirk covers my face

Me: "And here I thought the queen bitch had no emotions."

No response huh, this must be serious then.

I open the cupboard and grab a simple red cup. I hold the cup to the fridge as it dispensed the water. I took a small sip and sat on the counter.

Me: "So, what's got you crying at 1 AM?"

She reappeared at the counter I handed her phone to her. Her yes were red it was pretty clear she was actually the one crying.

Me: "Are just going to stay silent?"

She sighed and in a shakey voice said something

Evelynn: "It doesn't matter what I say you made it clear you won't bother to listen."

I refuse to apologize I was in the right and no one can tell me otherwise. Right...?