Chapter 49

Me: "A lot of things are happening around me, and I have to admit, it has given me a change of view. With that being said I have a huge favor to ask of all of you."

All of them stared at me curiously

Akali: "Sure, whatcha need?"

I took a deep breath before getting serious.

Me: "I want to know everything about all of you."

There was a silence in the room for a few seconds.

Akali: "What do you mean by that." 

I clasps my hands together

Me: "I want to hear your life stories, every single detail, from your happiness and most importantly your traumas."

Akali sat up and looked at me uncomfortably.

Akali: "Is there a reason for this?"

I nodded firmly

Me: "I want to know if I can really trust any of you."

Ahri interjected

Ahri: "Of course you can."

Me: "No, I can't, at least not yet, I can't trust people I barely know. That's not to say I'm not grateful for everything so far."

Akali rubbed her arm slightly before sighing.

Akali: "Okay, I guess that makes sense."

She stood up

Akali: "I know the girls already know everything I'm going to tell you, but I'd rather tell you this in private."

I nodded and stood up, I walked behind her to her room. She opened the door and signaled me to enter. I go inside and she closes the door behind me.

I take a seat and she joins me soon after.

She sigh before suddenly falling on me. Her head lands on my lap, she turn her face up to look at me.

Akali: "From where should I start?"

I stroke her hair gently

Me: "After you left."

She nodded

Akali: "I never told you the reason I stopped coming did?"

She chuckled

Akali: "My parents were very abusive, even when I was young. Every other day they would beat me. They always disguised the beatings as training. I'm sure you remember all those bruises I seemed to always have."

I somberly nodded

Akali: "Well, the reason that I left was because my parents finally caught me sneaking out to play with you. That was the day I received the worst beating of my entire life."

She sat up and moved her shirt to show her back. Scars laced her upper back and shoulders.

Akali: "Pretty disgusting huh?"

She dropped her shirt back down and laid down on my lap.

Akali: "I finally got sick of it and decided to run away from home that night. I remember thinking at the time that I would rather live on the streets than ever endure something like that again."

She chuckled a bit before her face turned into a sad one.

Akali: "Y'know I actually went back a few times to the forest we always hung out at, but I never saw you."

Her hand gently caressed my cheek.

Akali: "I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough."

I pick her up and hug her tight to my chest.