Chapter 59

I have a new story. Go read it.

Well they weren't joking.

I looked down at my phone and sighed.

5:56 PM.

It really did take them two hours to get ready.

I unlock my phone and go to the camera. I turn it to selfie mode to check my self over.

I couldn't use the mirror in Akali's room because she kicked me out after her shower.

Well it could be worse.

I straighten out my back and rub my hair around a little more until it looked perfect.

Maintain good posture, just like mama said.

I sigh and turn off my phone.

Now to the important stuff.

I lean back on the couch and close my eyes.

Anne is dead, Lee is dead.

I rubbed my brow

Anne went after me, and now some robbed man takes her skull clean off.

Lita says it could've been my father's doing. But I don't believe that, the likelier option is Sett.

He has the entire Pitt on his side, getting in touch with a fighter's family member would be child's play.

Especially when the family member has a vendetta.

And that tall man reminds me of Marc. The Pitt's 'cleaner'.

If that's the case then Anne's body has already been hidden or destroyed.

I lock my fingers together and sit up.

That means I'm safe from the cops. The  Pitt would tear itself apart before they let any snitching occur.

I could feel my heart racing

Stay calm. I have to think about this with no emotion.

I took slow deep breaths until my heart beat slowed.

No one in the Pitt can take me one on one.

That leaves them with two options.

Send multiple people after me being the likely one.

But then, they would run the risk of losing multiple fighters. For as much as the Pitt is shady, they wouldn't send their people just to die.

That leaves the other option.

I swallowed nervously.

They go after loved ones...

I stood up.

Stay calm, stay calm, stay, calm.

They could attack at any time, I'll need to be cautious.

I can fend off two or three attackers but with those four lingering around, I'm not too sure.

That leaves me with escape. They could attack at the party, I'll need to keep an eye open for easy exits.

But if escape isn't possible, then I'll fight tooth and nail to give them a chance to escape.

Alright it's settled, but I'll need to keep this under wraps.