Chapter 38

Everyone took a seat and began to eat. I started to walk away with a pancake stuffed in my mouth.

Akali: "Where ya goin?"

I swallow the remaining pancake in my mouth.

Me: "I'm heading off to work."

I button up my shirt fully and fix my collar.

Akali: "But you haven't eaten yet."

I'm so hungry

I slide my hands into my pockets.

Me: "I'm not all that hungry."

I walk away and head for the room ma was staying in. I gently open the door and see shes awake. I approached her bedside and kneeled beside her to be eye level with her.

M/n: "Is brealfast ready?"

I nodded and she smiled

M/n: "Did you already eat?"

She gently caressed my cheek

Me: "Yeah. And I made pancakes."

She got excited, well as excited as a sick woman could get. I smiled and gently picked her up. I carried her all the way to the dining room and sat her down.

Me: "I'll be back at four."

Not that most of you would give a damn anyway.

I stood dead in my tracks

Me: "Before I go, akali trade hoodies with ahri. Rvelynn, trade hoodies with kai'sa. Trust me you'll look way better."

I ran out of the house and jumped the fence.

Man I love my ability

Ahri PoV

All of us traded hoodies like y/n said. He wasn't wrong, we all looked much better, the black made ny blonde pop out much more.

My attention was taken away from the hoodies and back to Mrs. L/n. I would never expect her to be y/n's mom.

I had no doubt in my mind, if she wasn't sick she'd have a very beautiful face.

Some of her features, specifically her eyes really carried on to y/n. They looked like the type of eyes you could stare at for hours.

Why does y/n hold her to such high regard, is it because shes the only family he has?

I silently looked down

I guess I wouldn't know I've never had a mother. I wonder what it's like to have mom like y/n's.

Mrs. L/n: "I can tell you're all dying to ask me questions."

I looked up in surprise towards Mrs. L/n. She had a weak smile on her face

Mrs. L/n: "Feel free to ask them, I don't mind much."

All of us stayed quiet for a moment until one of the others broke the silence.

Akali: "Has y/n been making a habit of not eating?"

I heard her sigh

Mrs. L/n: "Did he leave without eating?"

Akali nodded I saw her rub her temple with a sad expression.

Mrs. L/n: "He's been pushing himself very hard these last few years, and I noticed he's developing some self destructive habits."