Chapter 14

The food finally finished cooking, I took it off the stove and removed the lid from the pot. The steam came out of the pot, filling my nose with it's fine scent.

Perfectly made, just like mom would've made it.

I quickly put some on the plate and grab a spoon from the cupboard. I walk inside my mother's room and place the plate on her lap.

Me: "I don't have the time to make tortillas right now mom, I'll make them tommorow early in the morning."

M/n: "It's fine honey, go to work before you're late."

She kissed my forehead and wished me luck. I nod and quickly exit her room, I go to the dining room and take a few minutes to complete all the homework I had left. I go to my room and change into my job uniform. After finishing that I made my way outside and headed for my job in the high end store.

It was a real prestige place, lots of rich people shopped there. It payed decently so I made sure to fake niceness for those folk.

I sigh and make my way inside the building. I clock in and stand at my registered with a fake smile on my face. The day went by as usual with me checking customers and helping them from time to time. That is until I saw four very distinct people walk into the store.

You've got to be kidding me

I almost tried to duck down to hide from them. They browsed the store for a bit, picking up different items.

Akali and ahri spent most of the time in tech section of the store with kai'sa and evelynn staying in my side with the clothes.

Unfortunately ahri and Akali walked up to my register.

Me: "Hello there miss, are you ready to check out?"

Ahri: "Yeah I am-"

She stopped mid sentence and noticed that it was me.

Little leaf whispered something in ahri's ear, she had a devious smile on her face.

Akali: "No sir, we just need your help finding an item, mind coming with us to help us."

Me: "Look whatever game your playing I'm not-"

I hear my manager clear his throat behind me.

Me: "Of course ma'am I'll help you right away."

I walked next to them as they led me to the tech side.

Akali: "So this is where you work huh?"

Ahri: "It seems like a nice establishment."

Akali knocked something over

Akali: "Whoops, guess you have to pick that up."

I grit my teeth and grab her collar

Akali: "Careful, there's a camera right there."

She smiled and picked up the item

Akali: "You have a short temper dude, I can respect that."

She leaned back

Ahri: "Well anyways how long have you been working here."

Me: "About 2 weeks now ."

Ahri: "Oh that's pretty cool."

She smiled and grabbed my arm, she pulled me over to two laptops.

Ahri: "Which one of these is better?"

I grabbed the first laptop

Me: "This one has higher specks."

Ahri: "I'll take it."

I handed it to her she grabbed my arm again and dragged me to her other Freinds.

Evelynn: "Perhaps his opinion would help."

She pointed at me

Evelynn: "Which dress is better, this one or this one."

She had two dresses in her hand a red one and a black one.

Me: "The back dress would accentuate your eyes more, pair that with the heels you get if you buy the full set and you'd be looking great.

Evelynn: "Darling I look fabulous already."

She handed the dress to kai'sa, I slid my hands into my pockets

Me: "Will that be all?"

Evelynn: "No we want you to rate a few other choices."

She grabbed my arm and was about to pull me somewhere, that was until vanessa came over.

Vanessa: "Ah, y/n just the guy I was looking for."

She pulled me into a hug and we did the side cheek kiss thing.

Vanessa: "I need your opinion on my new line of dresses."

Me: "Of course Ms. Vanessa."

Ahri: "You know Vanessa!?"

Akali: "Who?"

Ahri rolled her eyes

Ahri: "Vanessa is the head of vanessa cosmetics, the biggest cosmetics brand in the game."

Vanessa turned to ahri

Vanessa: "Evelynn darling how have you been."

Evelynn: "You already know darling, people like you and me are always perfect."

Vanessa: "Ah, for as much as I want to sit here and catch up I have business to attend to."

Vanessa led me to a rack with a few dresses.

Me: "How wonderous Ms. Vanessa, all except this one."

I pointed to a royal blue dress and suggested how to change it.

Vanessa: "Thank you darling, I owe you one."

Me: "Of course Ms. Vanessa."

She handed me something

Vanessa: "This is a prototype perfume we've been developing, give it to someone dear to you."

She waved and walked away before I could give it back.

I shrugged and walked back to my register. Or at least I was until ahri stopped me.

Ahri: "How do you know vannesa?"

Me: "She's a regular here."

Ahri: "But that doesn't explain why both of you seem so close."

Me: "Why do you care."

I hear my boss clear his throat again.

Me: "Well ma'am we actually met a few years back, she was in a... dangerous situation, I helped her out and the rest is history."

Ahri: "Dangerous situation?"

Me: "If you want to hear the rest of the story perhaps buying some of the shops wares would convince me."

I straightened up more

Me: "I'd be more than willing to help you find any items."

Evelynn: "I still need your help."

She pulled me again and started showing off different dresses for herself. I gave my honest opinion and she came out with 5 new very expensive dresses and outfits.

Evelynn: "Oh yes and this for kai'sa."

She showed me four outfits of which I chose 3. The last one was, something no respectable woman should wear.

Me: "Please make your way to the register so I can check you out."

Let's just get this over with