Chapter 22 ~ Rest

AN: Hey guys~!! I hope you all have a great day and week ahead of all of you~!!!!

It is the first weekend since the start of my "self-defense" and magic training, and it's my holiday~!

Well, both Roland-sama and Lawliela-sama told me getting adequate rest is just as important as training, so weekends will be my rest day. Feels like I'm back to school.

Throughout the week Alexus never came to visit. I've already told him my schedule, and he was understanding and considerate enough to not make a visit during my free time so I could rest well. Though... He did reserve my weekends so we could spend time together, alone, as an engaged couple. He accentuated the "alone" part quite clearly.

Well, I don't mind, but I can't guarantee we'll be alone. I mean, if Evelyn, Illya, Noir, or Valerie came to visit, then I can't not welcome them. It is not only out of respect but out of principle!

What kind of fiend would I be if I reject these cute, little, innocent girls and send them away?! I would never have the heart to do such a cruel thing!

He pouted cutely when I told him this but I stood my ground. Thankfully, he accepted my compromise.

And now... Here he is. Sitting on my couch in my room, drinking his tea elegantly with a brilliant smile on his face. Even though he just arrived, he had already treated my room as if it was his own.

Sitting beside him was Lu-nii, while I sat on the couch opposite of him with Kiara tightly clutching onto me while sitting on my lap.

The corner of my lips couldn't help but twitch as I beamed a brilliant smile at him.

"I-It is a pleasure to welcome you here, your highness."

"Thank you very much, my beautiful Risa. I've missed you."

"I-I see. It is an honor..."

...I never thought he'd actually come here this weekend.

Don't princes supposed to have their own intensive royal studies and training? Especially this crown prince right here.

Wait, don't tell me... He actually completed all he had to do this week and came here since he's free?!

N-No no no... T-That can't be! B-But... T-That's the only explanation as to why he could be here right now!

I-Is he a genius or what?! Kuh! His stats are too high!

"What are you thinking, Risa? You're making an interesting expression."

"A-Ara~ Is that so? Ufufufu~ please don't mind it~"

"...And you're speaking strangely as well."

Alexus sighed as he placed his cup down onto his saucer on the coffee table. A bright smile adorning his face.

"How were your lessons with Roland-sama and Lawliela-sama?"

"They are going very well. I'm having a lot of fun and I learned so much from it as well. Valerie-chan and Luke-sama have been taking care of me plenty as well."

*puchi*

Hm? W-What was that? It sounded like someone cracked a knuckle.

"Lucas...? Roland-sama's son is accompanying you in your training?"

"Yes. When Raeven-sama is absent, he'll substitute him and overlook my training."

Hm? What? What happened?