Chapter 60 ~ Opening Ceremony (3)

[Lucas's POV]

"You seem to be in a bit of a daze, Luke."

"Eh? Ah... Excuse me."

Luke flinched and turned to me with a visibly flustered expression despite his usual stoicness.

"Don't worry. What's going on in your mind?"

His gaze fell from me to the ground before glancing towards Risa.

"It's nothing..."

"...I see."

I couldn't help but smile helplessly and sighed in my mind.

Her bad habit is still as destructive as usual... to both genders.

Well, I can't even call it a bad habit since that's who she really is.

Alterisa, or Akari, had always been a sun to those around her. She's bright, warm, kind, and genuinely honest with herself. She couldn't be anyone but herself, even though she is an extremely skilled actress.

Her true personality will always shine through all the mask she wore, may it be the mask of a prince, a noble lady, or a princess. She will always look at those around her for who they truly are, accepts them, and smiles.

She didn't know how many people she had saved with that bright smile and how many people would try their best to protect it.

Even if her appearance had changed, that part of her was still ever present, and shines ever so brighlty.

Now, she had successfully charmed everyone around her once again with that bright, warm smile. Innocent noble ladies, ice-cold stoic young boy, a problem child playboy, introverted nerd, and even the genius crown prince, all of them melted from that smile and became her prisoner; all without her realizing it.

I looked at my "little sister" and let out another sigh.

From a glance, those three might seem like close friends spending their time happily trying out various popular desserts served in the royal palace.

But when they look closer, it would be so obvious that the two are looking at Risa with fervent gazes! Those are the kind of gaze a little girl would give to their crush or lover, not a simple close friend!

And those two aren't the only ones. Illya and even Valerie also look at her with such a gaze often. Every time I saw them together, they would always be super attached to her like magnets.

I glanced at Luke again and saw him in a daze once more, staring at Risa.

I don't even know if he realize it but he's staring at her as if she's the love of his life that's just out of his reach.

What is this... How could someone this young have this kind of gaze?!

Is this because they're based on the "capture targets" in that otome game Hana and Akari talks about?!

Keith also has this kind of gaze whenever he had her in his gaze, while Alex was already looking at her as if she's his wife.

Seriously... Aren't these kids too mature???

Is it because this is a world based on otome games?

Hah... I really can't understand this...

Just as I was confusing myself, two other girls had entered the fray again.

"Ah! A-Alterisa-sama~! Hello~ I'm so happy to see you~!"

"Risa-chan~! Hello~! Hehehe~"

"Ah~ Illya, Valerie-chan~ It's so nice to see you~!"