Chapter 91 ~ At Last... It Begins

[Alterisa's POV]

Lavinia Academy. The royal academy of the kingdom I live in that served as the main stage of the otome game "Lovely Happenings" was depicted and described as a super massive and luxurious academy funded by the nobility and the royal family themselves, boasting state of the art facilities for education, magical, and physical combat training, as well as the best instructors and educators the kingdom could muster.

It is the academy where future pillars of the kingdom were made and polished since the eve of the kingdom's founding, and it has yet to fail.

That is why, being able to come to this school, especially on a scholarship, was a truly big deal for anyone. Even a commoner would be guaranteed at least a knighthood or even become a new noble if they could accomplish a great meritorious feat in the academy.

And since it is the place where rough diamonds were to be found and polished, it has a strict rule that disallow discrimination by means of household prestige. Nobles found and proven with clear evidence to be discriminating and bullying others below their station would be punished by a 1 to 7 days suspension on the first warning depending on the severity of their sin. But if the accusation were found to be fake, an ever more severe punishment would be bestowed upon the accuser.

Many had tried to push the boundaries and loosen the severity of the rule, but it still stands to this day, all for the sake of finding precious talents as well as to teach the future pillars of the kingdom to look past stations and birth, and see worth in their ability and skills.

"Wow... It's beautiful..."

The massive building became clearer and clearer the closer we get, and soon, the luxurious palace-like building came into view.

It's... truly beautiful. The royal palace, my home, and my friend's home were also very beautiful, but the Lavinia Academy exuded an older and refined look. It's architecture I heard was still based on older styled architecture, which is why it feels like it got plenty of history seeped into those walls.

"It is. But just wait until you enter. It's even more amazing inside."

"Ooooh~ I can't wait~!"

Soon, we arrived before a beautiful gate of gold with the Fleur-De-Lys-like symbol at the center that slowly opened the moment we came into view. All the guards in the area also immediately saluted in our direction.

And our carriage, adorned with the crest of the royal family, entered into a massive courtyard where there were already plenty of students and other carriages making their way to the main entrance of the academy.

The courtyard was split into two by a large, two-laned paved cobblestone road. And half way through the road was a massive fountain with a beautiful sculpture of the first King and founder of this kingdom, Alexus's ancestor.

He looked real handsome, and somehow similar to Alexus, though much older. He got a full, cleanly trimmed beard, while Alexus is still super smooth. Though I guess, in a few decades, he might look like that...

I turned and stared at Alexus for a while, imagining what he'd look like with a beard.

"...What's wrong?"

"...Nothing. Well, I'll get my answer in the future."

"Hm?"

I turned my gaze back out and look at the courtyard. And from my lap, Fubuki finally woke up and began looking out of the window from my lap into the courtyard.

"Kyuuu~!!! Kyuu!!!!"

"Hehehe~ Alright, I'll see if I can get the permission for you to play around this courtyard, okay~?"