Chapter 69 ~ Free At Last~!!!

Oh my God... I've been standing here... For almost an hour... Smiling... Greeting... AND THERE'S STILL A HUGE LINE?!?!?!?!

I kept my ever-smiling countenance on my face and greeted everyone politely, but I was completely raging inside!

Why are these people offering their children for marriage to me and Lu-nii like they're selling fruits?!?!?! Seriously?! We're just supposed to greet each other, have a little talk, and go our own separate ways!!!

I've never even met most of the nobles that greeted us! I've only ever heard of them in passing! Some I never even heard of!!

Is this the mob mentality? Where many would follow if one had led by example? Is that why all these people started crowding us?!

I don't really care about ranks, but please just stop offering your children for marriage like they're a bargaining chip! It's so sad!

Hah... Well, I guess this is the norm in this noble society. I am the lucky one for being born in a high-ranking and powerful family...

Fortunately, some of the families we greeted were actually good friends with my mom and dad, so I greeted them extra carefully and politely to help mom and dad as well. They seem like good people, considering the first few lines didn't include "What do you think of my child?"

Hah... How many more do we have to go through? When will Alexus and the royal family come? We're not going to greet all the families that are lining up as if they're waiting for the supermarket with a huge sale to open up, right?

Just then, as if hearing my prayers, an angel came.

From the corners of my eyes, I saw Evelyn holding hands with her mother, Maria-sama, along with her father approaching us with a smile.

"Lord Altair. It has been a while since we've met."

"Ah, Lord Eric. Likewise. I'm glad to see you in good health."

As soon as both lords of the ducal households greeted each other, all other families reluctantly moved away, allowing the two families to meet.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, Lord Eric."

"You too, Lady Lisa. Thank you for taking care of my wife during the tea party you hosted a few days ago."

"Ufufufu~ It is my honor."

Oohhh~ So this is Maria-sama's husband and the lord of the Silium ducal household. He looks like a dignified middle-age man with those neatly treamed beard and visible muscles that rippled through his suit. While not on the level of Roland-sama, he's still quite built; a warrior type man.

I looked down to his hands, and saw several callouses. Judging by the locations of his callouses, it seems like he was a swordsman. It looked similar to Roland-sama's callouses.

"This must be the young girl who have taken the entire noble society by a strom with just her beauty."

Eh?! W-What's with that embarrassing description?

I looked up from his hands and he looking at me with a gentle smile on his face. Even though he's a warrior type, it seems like he has mellowed with the years.

I quickly curtsied as elegantly as possible and greeted him.

"Thank you very much for your praise, Lord Silium. My name is Alterisa von Lorya, the first daughter of the Lorya ducal household. I have been in the care of Evelyn-sama and Lady Maria."

"Mm. I've heard a lot about you from my wife and especially my daughter. She will always bring you up during our family dinner. Ahahahaha!"

"D-Dear father! P-Please don't say such embarrassing things!"