Chapter 52 ~ Acting like a Princess is much harder than a Prince...

Once again, for some reason, I'm currently sitting on the lap of my father as we head to the Royal Palace with our carriage.

Yes... Again.

Our household's carriages were all of the best quality in terms of appearance, comfort, and size. It could fit the entire family, as well as Anne and Maria-chan if we want to, easily. It was a given considering how filthy rich my family was.

But even then, I still can't escape the fate of being forced to sit on my father's lap...

Seriously, I can't even escape since he has an arm around my waist...

When we were departing, I sent an sos signal to my mom and Lu-nii who were seeing us off, asking them to help convince dad to not embarrass me in such a way. After all, even though I am only around six, I'm mentally much older than that!!! It's super embarrassing to sit on my parent's lap like this!!!

Yet, they betrayed me... Lu-nii just snickered at me while mom smiled helplessly.

Now, I'm here... On my dad's lap for the entire trip... I can't even get help from Anne since she's in the other carriage...

The only saving grace was that no one is watching this disgraceful display of mine...

Hah...

The reason for my visit to the royal palace was to meet Lily and learn how to act like a princess, and dad is bringing me along to the palace since he also has a meeting with the other nobilities and the king. He'll just leave me with Lily until he finishes his business and we'll return together afterwards.

I sent her a letter of request for this right after our sleepover. She seemed very surprised, but after I explained why I need to be capable of acting like a princess when my engagement with Alexus is announced, she agreed.

We continued exchanging letters after that to decide on the time and we both agreed for it to be today.

Hehehe~ I'm looking forward to it~

Hana has always been a great teacher. Without her, I might've had a much worse time with my academics since I'm spending most of my time with the drama club.

She's my beautiful guardian angel~

Soon, we arrived at the royal palace.

As usual, we got a face pass and all the guards, scholars, royal court mages, and servants all greeted us with a salute or bow.

At this point, I'm getting used to being treated like that and I would greet them back with a smile.

However... I feel like I want to bury my head into a hole...

"D-Dad... P-Please let me walk myself! I-It's embarrassing!"

"No. If I let you walk yourself, you might get lost."

W-What does he think I am?! I'm not a child!!!

Well... Technically I am, but I'M NOT!!!!

"Uuuuh... I-It's so embarrassing... Everyone is staring..."

"They're staring because you're so beautiful, my little angel."

They're not!!! It's because you're carrying me!!!

Look! They're staring so hard because the prime minister known for his ice-cold countenance is carrying his daughter like this!!!!

Aaaahhh!!! Why does he have to be this strong?! Is he using enhancement magic?!

I looked back towards Anne, who was following us closely from behind, hoping she could help me.

But against dad, Anne was powerless. She shook her head and smiled helplessly.