Chapter 40 ~ A Little Maid & Cool Beauty in Both Hands~

Puhaaaa~ What a good cup of tea~ It makes me want to laze around on my bed~

I looked to the side and saw Maria-chan standing beside Anne, nervously looking at me with expectant eyes.

Ufufufu~ How cute~ I'll wink at her to let her know she did a great job~!

*Wink*

Ah! She blushed!! Aaaaahhh!!! How cute~!!!!! You wouldn't have guessed she's such a cute girl in maid uniform was an orphan I met in an alleyway!

It has been a month since Lu-nii and I met Vincent, Iris, and Maria-chan in the alleyways of the commoner's district.

Since then, Vincent and Maria have been training to become the servant of the ducal household while Iris trained to become my guard.

They all showed amazing prospects, surprising many of the maids and knights training them, my family, and I!

I thought, with their time here, they'd receive at least some experience in doing housework, etiquette, and some academics and knowledge that are useful in their lives even if they failed to qualify to become a servant of the Lorya ducal household. But halfway through, we found out that these three children are... exceptional.

Vincent showed a remarkable talent in business as well as manners and disposition of a noble. He's very eloquent, smart, mannered, and has the talent and instinct that could make for an amazing businessman.

Iris was extremely athletic and physically adept. She was very strong for her age, and she was also extremely flexible and agile. From what I heard, she was widely praised for her unique yet powerful fighting style with the sword! In contrast to regular knights, who focus on strength and technique, she focuses on her speed, techniques and utilizes her flexibility, allowing her to attack from unexpected angles and positions. I was also amazed when I saw her duel against a knight from our household! Even though she lost, she was able to put up a great fight! Our knight only manages to defeat her because of his superior range because of his size! She's so cool!!! Her future image as a cool, chivalrous, and noble female knight is becoming clearer and clearer now!!! Ufufufu~ I can't believe I will have such a beautiful knight!!!

Lastly, Maria-chan. Just like her sister and Vincent, Maria had shown incredible progress, especially with her etiquette lessons and skill in housework! The tea I'm drinking right now is brewed by her!!! I can't believe she could make such delicious tea in such a short amount of time!!!

She has also been learning how to read, write, and the general knowledge, she has been absorbing her lessons like a sponge. Ufufufu~ What a smart girl~

But, there's something even more surprising about Maria-chan. Recently, she has been occasionally joining her sister in physical training. During her first training, she showed an incredible display of agility, just like her sister, and reaction time.

Our knights were very shocked and asked her if she wanted to join her sister and become my guard, but apparently, she refused since she wanted to be my maid.

Hm... I feel like her talent is wasted for only being my maid... With that kind of physical prowess, I'm sure she could become an incredible... assassin...

...Wait!

Maid... Assassin...

W-W-Will I have a maid assassin?!?!?! UWAAAAA!!! That's so cool!!!

If Maria-chan becomes a maid assassin, then she could become my "secret" guard! After all, no one would expect a maid to be able to protect me!!! Moreover, since she was my age, she could maybe join me to the royal academy and protect me during my stay! We can stay together and I won't need to worry about having knights following me all the time!!! All I need is Iris and Maria-chan!!!