Chapter 34 ~ Pain... Muscle Pain...

U-Uuuuughh... It hurts.... Everything hurts...

It was the day after that sudden magic duel practice thing I had with Wilhelm by virtue of Lawliela-sama, and I'm now currently stuck in bed, unable to move a finger.

Kuh... Was this the price I have to pay for victory...?

W-Well... I-I guess I was the one at fault too...

I could've ended the match earlier since I soaked his earth wall enough to shatter it when I froze it, but I just had to play around and skate around too much.

I forgot... This is a five-year-old body that had never skate before... It's not a surprise that my muscles would riot and boycott me because of this.

U-Ugh... I know, I've learned my lessons...

Lawliela-sama had lectured me plenty about playing around too much in a duel. She said it's fine to try out my new spell since it was just practice. But in a real duel or battle, she warned me to not do it.

No matter how great my mana capacity was, my stamina is still that of a five-year-old. Even though I'm physically more fit than girls or even boys my age, I will definitely get tired first before I run out of mana if I keep up my fighting style. This would most likely still be true even when I grow up since my mana capacity is still increasing.

Then my enemy can just wait until that moment.

Umu, I am reflecting.

My fighting style as of now certainly leans more towards a fighter rather than a mage. I'm moving around very much, and once I get used to skating, I'll also start attacking with my spear and bring it to a melee fight. I'm only using my magic for ranged attacks and supporting spells.

Hm... I guess I need to revamp my fighting style to make more use of my massive mana capacity, huh?

After I was lectured, Lawliela-sama praised me for my performance. Despite being at a disadvantage due to the element I have an affinity with, I manage to come up with a way to utilize it magnificently and in a way no one had ever thought of before.

Apparently, she was very surprised that I knew about how water expands when it freezes. My last surprise attack uses this principle to flash-freeze the water from my water spear that had seeped into Wilhelm's earth wall, causing it to expand suddenly and explode his wall. Because of this, he stayed where he thinks is the safest and let me corner him.

No no no. Rather than being surprised at me, I'm more surprised that she knows about this principle and saw through my plan! After all, I only knew of it from my previous life and I've never seen anything about this principle from the scientific books I've read.

Did she find out about it from her studies on her own? Scary... Lawliela-sama, so scary...

On the flip side, Valerie cheered and celebrated my victory so excitedly yesterday. She jumped around and hugged me as shouted her congratulations!

Ahhh~ Just thinking about it makes me almost forget the pain throughout my body. She was so cute~ I would've thought she's the one who won by how excited she was.

Ufufufu~ How cute~

Wilhelm, on the other hand, became quiet after his loss. I didn't really pay attention to him since my arms were full of Valerie-chan's squishiness and softness, but she seemed to be staring at me. He looked a bit tired, judging from how flushed she was, but his eyes seemed to shine in determination.

I guess he'll be fine... Right?

Honestly, I wish he'd just treat this loss as water under the bridge and let this pass. Please direct your pain-in-the-ass-ness towards the Heroine instead. I'm sure she'll welcome it with open arms, just like how she'd welcome any trouble around her.