Chapter 88 ~ Heroine?! Wait... What?

A-A-Aria?!?!?!?! I-I-Isn't that the heroine?!?!?!

Wait... Come to think of it, Fenestra is the name of the heroine's hometown!!!! How could I not realize that?!?!?!

Kuh... I've been too focused on my business that I didn't realize it... Well, it's not entirely my fault either because Fenestra is only mentioned once in the game during the heroine's introduction and was never talked about after.

But... Aaarrghhh!!! If I knew about it, I could've investigated her and maybe get in contact with her first and try to become her friend so she won't kill me!!!

Hah... I can't believe I was literally doing business with the ruler of the town the heroine came from and not realize it...

Wait, but why does Amelia-sama seem displeased by this? Isn't it amazing for someone in her fief to awaken to the fabled Light element and even get scholarships to the royal academy?

I mean, all of my best friends and me included got scholarships too because we got super high scores in the test, but it's still amazing for a commoner to get one, right?

"However... After I received the results of the investigation on her background, I couldn't help but feel surprised, appalled, and pitiful that I would find such a wonderful talent in such an unpleasant girl..."

U-Unpleasant girl...?

"W-What do you mean by that, Amelia-sama...? Ah, but if you feel uncomfortable talking about it, then please don't mind it!"

"No. If you wish to know, Alterisa-sama, then I can tell you... It will be much better for it to come from me than if you were to investigate her directly..."

I panicked a bit when I saw her face scrunched up for a moment, but she quickly regained her cool and began explaining to me.

"As a Marchioness, I have the responsibility of upholding the honor and prestige of not only my household, but also that of Fenestra and the citizens living in it. Thus, I will always perform a background check on anyone who will be representing us in any sort of capabilities and manner to make sure they are fit to represent our city."

Umu umu. As expected of Amelia-sama, she's so amazing!

"Thus, I did so on this Aria. And unfortunately, all my worst nightmares had come true..."

E-Eh? W-Worst nightmares...? Wasn't the heroine an angel?!

"This girl... doesn't really have a good reputation in the area she lives in, and even beyond it. From the people we have interviewed and asked about her, she had been described as extremely entitled, immature, selfish, strange, cunning, and... manipulative especially towards men.

We've also heard from her former friends that she had often seduced other boys her age who were considered handsome, athletic, and/or intelligent, no matter if they are already in a relationship with another girl... Apparently, she had also stolen her friend's lover by using her... "cuteness" and "weak-appearance" to evoke pity and pull on the heartstrings of these young men."

........................What?

I-Is this really the heroine we're talking about...? Is this really Aria...? W-Wasn't she supposed to be an angel?!?!

Aria was supposed to be this innocent, kind, compassionate, empathetic character who is meant to be lovable! She's supposed to be a dream girl anyone would love to be with!

But... The way Amelia-sama describes her... is nothing like that at all.

The only thing that's the same is her name and the fact that she has affinity to Light and three other elements!