Chapter 90 ~ T-Too close! He's being too close to me!!!

[3rd Person POV]

"Risa... My little baby Risa... Please take care of yourself, okay? Please stay healthy and listen to Anne's words. Also, if anyone tries to bother you, send me a letter immediately and I will handle it as the duchess of Lorya!"

"Onee-sama... Please don't forget about me... I'll write to you everyday... I love you, onee-sama!!!!"

"Yes, mom. I-I will. And of course I won't forget about my baby angel! I'll also write to you everyday, okay? So don't cry *Sniff*!"

Lisa and Kiara hugged their daughter and big sister tightly as tears flowed down their eyes.

It was the morning of her departure. All her luggage have been placed on the luggage carriage along with Anne, Maria, and Iris's luggage, and she was currently in front of the opened door to the carriage she'll be riding in with Alexus, where Fubuki was already curling up into a ball on the seat.

She was in her academy uniform, which consists of a white shirt and a beautiful light blue and white blazer with golden embroideries along its edges for the top, and a beautiful light blue skirt that barely reached her knees. Around her neck was a ribbon, tied perfectly into a bunny ears bow.

While standing a few distance away from her was Alexus, similarly dressed in the male version of their academy uniform which consists of a shirt, suit, a tie, and a long pair of pants with similar color palette.

"Stay safe and stay healthy, Risa. If you ever encounter any problem, you can deal with it as you see fit. I trust in your judgment. And if you ever feel it is too much for you alone to handle, don't hold back from asking your friends and us for help. Do you understand?"

"Yes, dad. Thank you."

Altair nodded solemnly and patted the head of her daughter as gently as possible. Tears were threatening to flow down from the corner of his eyes, but he kept his calm. He couldn't break down either. He needed to be strong for his wife and daughter.

The platinum-haired prime minister and duke then turned towards the crown prince, who had been standing a bit away from Alterisa to give her and her family a private time, with an icy gaze of steel.

"Take care of her. If anything were to happen to her... The Lorya household will not stay silent. We shall retaliate a hundred fold, even if it was the royal family. Understood?"

The words of Duke Lorya were never meant to be held lightly. His influence and prestige was second only to the king. But the weight of the words he just said was comparable to the mountain that even Alexus felt tremendous pressure from simply hearing it.

He was deadly serious. If anything were to happen to her beloved daughter, then not even the royal family would be able to protect him completely from their wrath and the wrath of the other noble families who admire her.

However, Alexus kept his calm. After all, he, himself, knew that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something ever happened to her beloved Risa.

"Yes. I understand, Lord Altair. I shall not let a single insect touch even a single strand of her hair."

"...Good."

Altair nodded and went back to Alterisa to hug her, and Kiara, who gave up his spot for her father, approached Alexus with a glare on her puffy eyes.

"...Don't you dare touch even a single strand of her hair. And... protect her. If you return without onee-sama, then I promise you... You won't see the day of light again."

"...I can't promise the first one, but I can give you my word on the rest."

"Tch... Fine, that's good enough. But, if I even catch a word from someone that you touch her inappropriately, then I swear to the Goddess, I won't let you off without at least beating you up to a pulp."