Chapter 8 ~ Few Months Later

~ Timeskip few months ~

Well... Few months has passed since that audience with the King and Queen. And uhm... I must say, it has been very eventful.

Everytime I go to the palace to help dad, either the king or Sonia-sama would always call for me so I ended up visiting them regularly.

Sonia-sama would always dote on me and treat me to various kinds of tea and sweets. Hah... If I didn't have a proper exercise schedule and practice magic everyday, I would've been a fat girl right now. That was a really good call... Thanks to that, I still have really good proportions for a girl who's almost 4 years old.

She would also be dressing me up a lot, and it's worse when mom tagged team with her.

I also ended up talking with the king a lot and got along really well. But the topics are... quite strange for a three year old to be talking about. The king always talked to me about politics and what policies he tried to implement.

Your majesty... These topics are supposed to be talked about with my dad, not me...

Though since he asked me, I can't just play stupid since he already know that I'm quite knowledgeable.

Thanks to my knowledge from my previous life, I was able to follow what he said and engage in the conversation. I still remember the face of a maid when she overheard us and talking about government policies for agriculture in the kingdom. Pfft, I'd still giggle when I remember how wide her mouth opened.

And about Alexus... He always seemed to be there whenever I visit the palace. He's like a uhm... a puppy.

It's like he could find me from miles away just by my smell or maybe he has a homing sensor on me that allowed him to find me wherever I was.

Because we often meet and talk, we became really good friends. He's actually really fun to talk to. As expected of the perfect prince, he's got looks, brains, manner, and personality.

Though... for some reason, he'd sometimes act strangely...

Wait nevermind that, he acted strangely every time he's with me. He started calling me "Risa" or with nicknames he made himself like "beautiful" or "angel".

He'd also always hold my hand when we walk, hug me out of nowhere, or would always stay really close to me. I even saw him glaring at a servant once when I talked to them.

What is going on...

"Hello, my beautiful Risa."

"H-Hello, your highness. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"... How many times do I have to tell you to call me by Alex? And don't speak to me so formally."

"Your highness... I am the daughter of a duke. I could not possibly call you by your name, much less a nickname."

"But I'm the one asking you and I said it's fine."

"..."

Oh God, here we go with the pouty face. He's using his looks against me! Argh! He looks so cute! And those puppy eyes are really effective on me!

"...I-I understand. I'll call you 'Alex-sama' when we are not in public."

"Eh? Why not in public as well?!"

"Then I'll keep calling you 'your highness'. Will that be fine, your highness?"

"Urgh... Fine... Alex just when we're not in public."

Hah... Thankfully I got him to accept the compromise. If he didn't, many girls would aim their hatred towards me for being really friendly and call the prince "Alex".