Chapter 38 ~ Outing to the Commoner's District

The architectural style of "Lovely Happenings" shared a lot of similarities with the old European architecture from Earth.

The royal castle shared a similar Victorian styled architecture and appearance with English castles while the nobles' mansion, including our own, shared similarities with old European mansions.

Even the commoners' district shared such architectural style and appearance with its buildings made of bricks and/or wood, clay roof tiles, and colored warm shades of brown.

Even though the main stage of the otome game was in the royal academy, there were a few events that occurred within the commoners' district, especially the marketplace. These events mostly occurred during the long holidays of the academy when the heroine, who returned back to her home in the outskirts of the commoners' district, went to the marketplace to shop.

In those times, according to the route she's in, she will encounter various events and "coincidentally" meet the capture target of the route.

Yes... It makes very little sense.

In the first place, these capture targets were all high-ranking nobles. Why would they be in the marketplace?

I mean... I seriously can't imagine Alexus ditching his responsibilities to go to the marketplace and cause chaos for his subordinates. Even if he had already done his work, for the crown prince to go to the commoners' district, incognito or not, would require him to have multiple layers of protection and guards which would take time to prepare. It would be a super huge deal!

Even Wilhelm, who had the lowest rank of nobility amongst the capture target, would still have at least one or two competent guards as a member of the royal court magician.

It'll simply be too much for them to go to the commoner's district to meet a single commoner girl.

...

With that said, I'm now in the marketplace of the commoner's district.

...Yes, I'm not joking.

W-What! I-I've already talked about this to mom and dad and even Alex!!! I've made a list of things I wanted to research and reported them to my dad when I requested this trip!

This is a business trip! And even then, I still let Lu-nii and Anne follow me and even requested the guards of our household to come along with me for this day myself!

We are also perfectly disguised as normal commoners with our brown leather cloak and outfit. Well, maybe slightly richer commoners like a rich merchant's children, but you get it.

Unfortunately, I can't bring Fubuki with me. She's now in the care of Kiara and mom... Well, I hope she'll behave...

I've made plenty of preparations for this day, and I deserve to check out the food around here.

Umu umu.

...

...Yes, I know. This will only be a one-time thing. I just need to scratch this itch and then I'm done. I know this is supposed to be impossible for the daughter of the prime minister.

Thank you, mom. Thank you, dad. I'll use this time wisely.

Now then~ Let's go~!!!

We head to the marketplace in a regular-looking carriage that Axel, dad's assistant, had prepared for us. Appearance-wise, it was nothing but average and normal, but the quality was superior to the regular carriages middle-ranked merchants use for their means of travel.

The seats were cushioned with materials that are softer than regular leather, making them more comfortable. The wheels were also stronger and more durable, making the carriage shake less during our travel. Despite its appearance, it was quite comfortable to ride on.