Chapter 51 ~ Sleepover (4)

H-How do I explain this...

I-I didn't expect this topic to be brought up during our sleepover!!!!

Moreover, isn't my engagement with Alexus supposed to be secret?!?! How did Evelyn's mom know about this?!?!

Kuh... I feel so embarrassed... Is this how the girls in my class feel when their secret relationship was exposed?!

I-I can't believe they found out about it before the Kingdom's Founding Festival... I've been preparing my heart to tell them about it then, not now!!!!

I looked at the girls and saw them all staring back at me with gazes demanding answers.

I-I don't want to lie to them, but it's still so embarrassing!

Ah! That's right! I can just deflect it right?!

"B-Both of my parents are close friends with his and her majesty, so our family has always been very close to the royal family. H-His highness the crown prince is also very close to my brother and frequent this mansion to meet him, so..."

I-I'm not lying, right? They really are close to each other, and Alex frequently comes to visit and talk to Lu-nii! And since I am his fiancee, he'd also talk to me while he's here.

But instead of accepting my answer right away, Evelyn slightly pouted and continued her interrogation.

"I am aware of the close relationship between the Lorya household and the royal family. However... I've also heard from my dear mother that he seemed to especially favor you. Is that true...?"

"Eh?! Really?! Aunt did?!"

Celine's eyes widened and looked at her cousin in shock, a shimmer of curiosity and interest starting to manifest in her eyes.

Meanwhile, Noir and Illya were looking at me with anxiousness and shock.

Kiara, who was eating peacefully, also pouted just like Evelyn and averted her gaze away. She seemed to dislike Alex as usual...

On the other hand, Lily, who already knew of it, simply stayed silent.

Lily! Why are you silent now?! Help me!!!!

I-Is there really no way out...?!

U-Uuuuuhh... I-I'm still so embarrassed...

I fidgeted on my seat as everyone stared at me... I-I'm sure my face is blushing super red right now!

Kuh! I never understood why girls feel so embarrassed when talking about their love stories before, but is this how it feels?!?!?!

"A-Actually... I-I'm engaged with h-his highness..."

Everyone gasped the moment I said it.

"W-What?!"

"I-Is that true, Alterisa-sama?!"

"R-Risa-chan, you're engaged?!?!?!

"U-Uhn... The engagement is supposed to be announced during the grand ball on the final night of the Kingdom's Founding Festival in a few months... I-I hope you can all keep this a secret..."

The Kingdom's Founding Festival would be one of the, if not, the largest celebration in the kingdom. The entire kingdom, including all the businesses, nobles, and the royal family had already started preparing for the week-long festival now!

It's a super big deal, and that may be why his majesty chose the final night of the festival, which is considered the grand finale, to announce Alexus's engagement with me.