Chapter 113 ~ Three Friends

[3rd Person POV]

Three cloaked people accompanied by another three people dressed in regular commoner's outfit made their way to the heart of the festivals for the Spring Festival Holiday in the royal capital.

It was the second day, but the heat and festivities for the holiday still hasn't died down. On the contrary, it had become even more crowded and lively than the previous day.

After her date, or outing as Alterisa referred to it as, with Alexus the previous day, she came to explore the Spring Festivals once again, this time with the people she had been extremely close with across two lifetimes, Lily and Lucas.

Lily clung onto Alterisa's arm tightly, resting her head on Risa's shoulder, as they explore while Lucas silently followed after them closely from behind, just like how they used to be when they go around their school's festival or the summer festivals.

Behind them, following them silently, were Anne, Maria, and Iris. And in the shadows, plenty of knights in disguise were also following them.

There were around 10 knights from the Lorya Household within 10-20 meters of them, following them closely and watching out for any harm that might come towards their young mistress, young master, and the royal princess. And beyond that, were there more than 20 royal guards securing the perimeter and watching out for any suspicious individuals within a 50m radius of the royal princess, the crown princess, and the future Duke of Lorya.

Lucas and Lily had prepared them in advance, or rather, they were forced to since it was the policy for when a member of the royal family were to travel incognito.

In truth, Iris and Maria alone would've been more than enough to protect them against regular criminals.

Iris's swordsmanship had reached a level of mastery that put her on par with even the royal guard elites that protected the royal family.

Ever since she was young and made it her goal to become the sword and shield of her and her sisters' savior, she had been learning swordsmanship from Luke and his father, Roland von Raeven, the overall commander of the entire royal guards of the kingdom, alongside her mistress. And when her mistress was busy with her business, she continued to hone her skills and blade to a degree that skyrocketed her fame as a genius swordswoman in the kingdom.

She had even become an idol to the many young knights in the castle, who would always await her visit whenever she came to the palace along with Alterisa.

Meanwhile, Maria had also become a terrifying existence without her mistress's knowledge.

Similar to her sister, Maria had sworn to protect her beloved mistress, who saved her, her sister, and Vincent from the depths of hell. And when she tried to train, she found out that her talent didn't lay in swordsmanship like her sister, but in something more... dangerous.

Her agility, speed, and lightning fast reaction slowly came to light when she was young, and they started blooming ever since she started exercising on her own accord after seeing her sister's training.

She requested her young master, Lucas, to help her find a mentor that could cultivate her talent. And in the end, the one who managed to make her latent talent bloom was the leader of the royal family's hidden dagger.

Since then, she had been training in secret. No one, except for Lucas, Altair, Lisa, her sister Iris, and her brother Vincent, knew of this. Not even Alterisa, the mistress she had sworn to protect.

And now, she was both Alterisa's guardian angel and hidden dagger. A dagger sharp enough that even her mentor was eager to welcome her once Alterisa became queen.