Chapter 100 ~ All's Well... Right?

AN: Wow... It's chapter 100 before I know it... Thank you so much for reading this far!!! I've been having so much fun writing this story, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do writing it!!!!

There'll be more to come, so please look forward to it!!!!

Once again, thank you so much for all the support and for reading my story! I hope you continue to enjoy it~!!! I'll do my best to write even more exciting, interesting, and better story!!!

Wait... Why are they here...?

No, seriously. W-Why are they here?! Alex and Lu-nii weren't supposed to go to the dining hall!

After finishing their student council work, which ended up taking an hour off their lunch break, shouldn't they go to the courtyard to mee-

Ah... T-They're supposed to meet... "Alterisa"...

That's right... I forgot. "Alterisa" demanded Alexus to have lunch with her in the courtyard to show everyone how "close" they are, and indirectly tell the girls to not touch "her" man.

But since Alexus didn't want "Alterisa" to get too close to him and do something overbearing, he brought along her brother, Lucas.

The lunch break "Alterisa" had been looking forward to didn't last long.

Exasperated by "Alterisa's" attempts to get close to him, Alexus quickly finished his lunch and walked away. That was when he saw the heroine eating alone at the edge of the courtyard, illuminated by the column of light that seeped through the leaves of the tree she sat beneath.

"Alterisa" saw him mesmerized at Aria's beauty right then, sparking her hate for the heroine. Since then, she'd begun making plans and schemes to make her pay for stealing Alexus's attention from her.

Right... That's... what's supposed to happen.

But... I'm not in the courtyard. I didn't demand Alexus to have lunch with me. Honestly, I forgot about him since I'm with my friends...

Hmm... If I think about it, isn't that good?

I mean, the spark that triggered "Alterisa's" rampage didn't happen. Not that I will rampage in the first place. So... all's well, right?

...

Great~!!!

But still, what are they doing here? No, wait. Stupid question. It's lunch break and this is the dining hall. Of course they're here to get some food.

"Alexus? Lu-nii? Will you be dining here as well?"

I stood up and turned towards them.

Normally, we would all rise up to greet Alexus with a curtsy since he's a prince. But in this academy, there's no need to formally greet nobles since everyone is treated the same way. Of course, common sense still applies and everyone should still be respectful.

But no, I stand up not because I'm greeting them with a curtsy. But because I feel like there'll be a conversation and I don't want to strain my neck by looking back and up while talking to them for too long.

Alexus looked at me with his usual warm, princely smile.

"Yes. But... Well, I was also searching for you."