Chapter 92 ~ Weird... But I guess... This is fine?

I stood frozen, shocked, as I watched the handkerchief that marked the start of the otome game "Lovely Happening" fall slowly onto the ground.

And when I turned to look at the beautiful, golden-haired heroine, chills went down my spine at the sight of her smirk.

Flashes of images from the game, of Alterisa's condemnation, her punishments, her banishment, her execution... Her death flashed across my mind.

But that wasn't all. Horrible images of "what could be" and "what ifs" also crossed my mind. The thought of being framed by her, and the trust I've built, the friends I've made, and... Alexus, all stolen from me. And the devilish smirk on her face when she finally stole everything...

No... No... It won't happen... It won't happen...!

"-sa... Risa... Risa! What's wrong? Are you okay? Do you feel sick? You're sweating. Are you perhaps tired from the journey?"

"Kyuuu!!! Kyuu!!!"

I snapped back from my nightmare at his voice and Fubuki. The sound of conversations, some gasps and cheers that seemed to include my name, all returned around me at once.

I turned and looked at Alexus, who was holding my badly trembling hands in his. I could see the worry in his face.

I must look super pale... I can feel cold sweat going down my back and my forehead.

"I-It's n-nothing... I'm sorry."

His look of worry deepened along with his frown as he clasped my hands tighter.

"You were staring off in a daze and became pale. What were you looking at?"

I immediately panicked as he was about to turn towards the heroine, and clasped his hand tightly.

"I-It's nothing!!!! I-It's just... It's nothing... I-I just saw a girl drop her handkerchief..."

"..."

His eyes bore through me and I averted my eyes. I-I wasn't lying, but I can't... look at him in the eyes...

Alexus glances towards the direction I was staring at, just for an instant, and let go of my hands.

I felt my heart skip a beat as fear filled my heart.

No... H-He's going to leave me... He's going to the Heroine... The first event... Where the seeds of their love were planted... No-

Then, I felt a suit fall over my shoulders and warm hands holding my trembling body steady.

"Someone else will pick it up for her. How about we go to our seat first? You need to rest. I'll have someone bring you refreshments as soon as possible, okay? I've already ordered your favorite sweets for you."

"E-Eh? U-Uhn..."

With his suit over me and his arm around my shoulder holding me close to him, we made our way to our table.

A sense of relief filled my heart, washing away the fear and anxiousness I felt before as if it wasn't there in the first place. But at the same time, I also felt... confused.

Why didn't he go to her? Why didn't he pick up the heroine's handkerchief and gave it back to her...?

I turned to look at him and I saw him smiling softly towards me.

"It'll be alright. You must've lacked a bit of sleep since I came so early in the morning. I'm very sorry. Let's take a rest until the ceremony starts, okay?"

"N-No, it's not because of that... But okay..."

He seemed to misunderstand why I panicked, but... it's fine.