Chapter 57 ~ Morning of the Opening Ceremony

It is finally here...

The first day of the Kingdom Founding Festival.

I woke up early in the morning from Anne's voice and immediately got thrown into a bath.

Then, I was immediately dressed by her, Maria-chan, and a few other maids for breakfast while still being in a state of drowsiness.

"Anne... Why so early...? The Opening Ceremony will be an hour after lunch, right?"

"Yes. However, we still have preparations that must be done, my lady. The Royal Family will be going around the royal capital in a few hours, and we must already be at the castle 1 hour before their return!"

"I understand that, but... *Yaaaaawn*... I'm still so sleepy..."

"Hah... That's because you disobeyed my suggestion and went on to read your novels, did you not, my lady?"

"T-That's... I-I was in the middle of the chapter... I can't just stop... I won't be able to sleep!"

"Hah... Then please do your best. Come on, the mistress, young master, and lady Kiara are already waiting for you in the dining room for breakfast."

"Yeeeesss~"

"Please stop prolonging your replies."

"...Yes."

"Hehehe~"

Maria-chan giggled, and the two began dressing me up properly for breakfast. Then, we all headed together to the dining room.

To my surprise, not only mom and Lu-nii were here, but Kiara was also already here!

"Nee-cha~!"

Her eyes sparkled the moment she saw me. She jumped down from her seat and trotted towards me, falling into my embrace.

A-Ahh... I-I'm fully awake now... M-My angel is here.

"Kiara~!!!! Good morning~! I miss you~! You're so cute this morning as well~!"

"Ehehehe~ Nee-cha~ It tickles~!"

I continued to rain down kisses on her cheeks and face as she wiggled cutely in my embrace.

Ah~ I'm healed~"

"Did you oversleep again, Risa~?"

"I-I didn't! Anne and Maria-chan woke me up right in time!"

"Hm~? Then why did Kiara arrived sooner than you~?"

"T-That's..."

"Alright~ Let's stop this~ Good morning, baby~ Let's have breakfast together~"

"Y-Yes, mom. I'm sorry for being late."

"It's alright~ Now then, come and take a seat."

"Yes."

I lifted Kiara up while she was still hugging my neck and took a seat, placing my little angel on my lap.

As Anne had said before, dad wasn't here to join us for breakfast. Mom said that he had one earlier this morning and she accompanied him before seeing him off.

I would've been worried if dad was a regular man, but considering who he is... I don't think he'll be affected in the least even if he didn't sleep for three days straight. With the amount of mana and physical strength he has, there's no need for me to worry.

He's someone who could even make love to mom all night after working the entire day before, and then go to work early the next day like nothing, after all...