Chapter 71 ~ Status: Officially Engaged

Standing with my family near the set of stairs leading to the "stage", we all waited for the royal family's entrance.

It was finally time... The time for the announcement of my engagement with Alexus.

When I first heard about the event, I couldn't help but be surprised. After all, Alexus's engagement with Alterisa wasn't announced in such a grand manner in the game. If I'm not mistaken, it was announced on one of Alterisa's birthdays, maybe on her 10th.

But now, my engagement with Alexus is announced on the largest even in the kingdom more than four years in advance.

I was very confused when it happened. I wondered if my being friends with Alexus caused the change, or because I showed how smart I am to my dad. But now, all I'm feeling is nervousness.

After all... This is basically an announcement that we'll be marrying in the future! Isn't this just a public confession?!

No, I know it's not something rare in nobility, but it's still very embarrassing for me!!!

"Risa baby~ Are you ready~?"

"U-Uhn... I'm ready mom."

"Ufufufu~ Good girl~ There's no need to be nervous, okay? Luke will be the one saying everything. You just need to step forward before them and curtsy, then talk a little with Alexus."

"Yes."

Mom lowered herself slightly and pulled me into her embrace, stroking my back softly to calm me down.

"You're going to be fine, sweetie. You are mom's beloved daughter, after all."

"U-Uhn!"

Then, I felt a large, warm hand on my shoulder.

"You don't need to worry. After the announcement, her highness the princess had prepared a way for you to escape. You can take a plentiful rest then."

Hm? Lily? Escape? W-What's going to happen after the announcement?

But before I could ask my dad, the royal family made their entrance to the grand ball, stealing everyone's attention as they all turned their heads.

Wooowww... Sonia-sama is so pretty~!

They were all dressed magnificently in regal white and gold ceremonial outfits that seemed to be specially made for this single night.

His majesty and Alex looked incredible, but Sonia sama looked like a Goddess. She's dressed in an all-white gown with flower-patterned golden embroideries decorating the edges of her dress. Her neck was adorned in beautiful golden necklaces and diamonds that glittered under the chandelier light, and on top of her head was a magnificent crown that signified her position as queen.

I stared at her in a daze, and suddenly, our gaze seemed to meet.

She let out a beautiful smile in my direction, and I instinctively curtsied and beamed a smile as well in return.

Ah~ Her smile is too beautiful~ And being a mother of two children just makes her already mature, gentle smile even more motherly~

If mom and Sonia-sama were to stand side by side now... What a heavenly sight it would be...

Upon entering the grand ball, the royal family headed towards the elevated space at the end of the grand ballroom, keeping their greetings to the higher-ranked members of high society brief.

Dad, mom, Lu-nii, and I all took a bow and curtsied as the royal family approached us. His majesty and dad exchanged a few words of greetings, while mom and Sonia-sama also exchanged greetings.