Chapter 116 ~ Humiliation... What humiliation...!

AN: Hello guys~ Before getting into the chapter, there's something I wish to inform all of you, my readers. 

In light of me having a job now, the update schedule for this story might become less stable than it was before. I will still do my best to deliver 1 chapter a week, but because I will concentrate more on the stories I posted in my patreon, there is a large possibility that I will be updating late. 

I hope for your understanding, and I wish you will still enjoy the story. Then, without further ado, TO THE CHAPTER~!

Alright...

I know I vented my feelings and my concerns to Alex, and I know it might worry him a bit.

The heroine is still targeting me. And at this point, it seems like she's past the point of just wanting to get all the capture targets to fall in love with her, but also to hurt me.

I can assume as much from her glare that night...

I'm scared of what kind of things she might do to me using her "heroine" status. The only thing that helped me sleep at night is the fact that I have plenty of friends to rely on and, at worst, money that would be enough for me to live the rest of my life in a remote place.

I'm happy that he's worried for me and is willing to protect me from the heroine's plot.

But why... Why is he doing this to me...?

"Oh my goodness, look~! It's Lorya-sama and Derium-sama~!"

"They're holding hands as they walk through the halls~ How romantic~"

"Oh gosh~! Did you see that?! He's smiling so lovingly to her~!"

"Yes~! And Lorya-sama seemed so happy as well~"

"Of course she is~ She had been so happy ever since his highness started doing this a few days ago~"

"How sweet~ Truly a match made in heaven~"

...WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE SUCH HUMILIATION?!?!?!?!

Why are we parading around the school hand in hand when I'm just going to my next class?!?!?!

Hah... I thought he'd stop after a few days, but he's been doing this since the morning right after I told him about what happened during the Spring Festival holiday outing I had with my friends.

I was super shocked when I saw him waiting for me in front of my class when I was about to go to the second lecture hall for a magic demonstration by a guest teacher from the royal court magicians that morning. He said he wanted to accompany me to the next class and protect me from anything the heroine might do since she's in my class.

But, even though I told him I'll be fine since I have my friends with me, he insisted and escorted me, hand in hand, to the lecture hall...

Evelyn, who was walking by my side, became much more clingy to me that time, which made it hard to walk. But that was fine...

The problem was... We've been becoming the center of attention every time I walk around the academy...

Even now, three days later, we're still being super conspicuous everywhere we go!!!

I-It's super embarrassing!!! I know we have to act like we're a super lovey-dovey couple in front of everyone, but this is overkill!!!

"Hm? What's wrong, Risa?"