Chapter 61 ~ Opening Ceremony (4)

Hah... What a long day it has been...

Heading back to the private lounge of the royal family in the palace with his parents after the opening ceremony and greeting the nobles, Alexus sighed inwardly as he took a deep breath and relaxed his body.

The parade around the royal capital last year was bearable for him with all the breeze blowing at him along with the slightly cloudy weather. But this year, they had to stand under the clear sky and unobstructed sunlight while maintaining a smile and waving to the masses.

Actually putting a face to the citizens of the kingdom he would've only seen as numbers during his studies, seeing them merry during the festival and enjoying their lives in the kingdom.

It was the only thing encouraging him to brave through the blazing heat.

Well, that and the thought of being able to see Alterisa once again after a long while.

When he arrived back at the royal palace, he immediately searched for Alterisa, and found her very quickly.

It wasn't difficult to search for the most beautiful girl in the kingdom and the girl he's so helplessly in love with.

Her heavenly beauty was even more accentuated in her light blue dress. Her silver-white hair glimmered so beautifully under the shimmering glimmer of the chandelier. Her eyes shined with the sparkle of a thousand stars. Her brilliant smile and her unmistakable presence and figure; all of them immediately washed away all of his fatigue.

He was a bit disappointed that she didn't wear his present, but it wasn't something that could be helped. It was meant to be worn during the announcement of their engagement. This few days until the night of the announcement was a short period of time compared to how long he had been dreaming of that moment.

He could feel his heart thumping louder and louder as he stared at his soon-to-be fiancee. But then, he noticed girls holding onto her and staring at him defiantly.

He recognized all of them immediately by names since they were close friends of Alterisa.

Very close friends...

It was obvious to see from their gazes that they're holding feelings beyond just friends for his beloved.

Then, he noticed lucas, Luke, and a bit further away, Keith staring at Alterisa in awe.

He was only out for a moment, yet all of them immediately swarmed his beloved like moths to a flame.

Even he wished he could be parading around the royal capital with her by his side.

He could help but frown at that moment.

But now, he was very excited. Reason being his mother had invited Alterisa, Lucas, and Lady Lisa to the guest lounge in the castle to chat.

Lily will also be joining him and his mother to meet them.

He didn't know if it was a reward from his mother for braving through the parade in hellish weather or not, but this was the greatest reward he could receive.

Meeting her was everything he wanted right now.

"Well then, I shall be resting here until Altair arrives. You two can go ahead to the guest's private lounge room. Lily must already be on her way as well."

"Yes~ Then, do your best for a little bit longer, dear~"

"Mm. I will."

Luke cupped the cheek of his wife lovingly, a soft smile on his face, before his regal expression returned.