Chapter 4 ~ Countering Mom's Death Flag

3 years old

"Hey Lu-nii, we have been preventing mom from being lonely this few weeks but don't you think we need to make father come home sooner too? Just this might not be enough to counter mom's death flag..."

I said to Lu-nii as I put down the book I was reading on my lap. I was able to talk like about it because we were alone in my room, reading as usual.

"Hm, you might be right. But what should we do?"

"What about helping with father's work so he can go home sooner?"

"Hm... Mom might get lonely when we're helping father with his work though."

"Oh? The problem is not us able to help him?"

I rose my head and looked at him, surprised.

"Yeah, I've gone to father's workplace when he wanted me to get familiar with my possible future workplace.

The work there were mostly checking calculations, processing information, administrative works and things concerning policies in the kingdom. Although there are things we aren't familiar with, we can definitely do all the miscellaneous stuff that makes father busy, except the policies since that's for father to decide. You are especially familiar with administrative works right?"

"Well yeah, my previous mother did taught me that in her free time."

"Then there's no problem."

"But still... Mom might get lonely with us gone."

"Hm... Then how about we take turns?"

"Oh, that's a good idea! Let's ask permission from mom and dad right away!"

"O-Oi, calm down Risa."

I threw the book to my side and immediately drag Lu-nii by his hand and go find mom and dad.

"Eh?! Alterisa-sama, Lucas-sama, why are you running?"

"I'm sorry, Anne. Do you know where mom and dad is?"

"Ah, Lisa-sama is in her quarters and Altair-sama is in his office. Do you need anything from them?"

"It's fine. Thank you Anne-san!"

I smiled widely at her and started rushing off again with Lu-nii still being dragged along. She seemed to freeze for a second and blushed a bit but after a while, I could hear her shouting "Please don't run, Alterisa-sama." I wonder why she froze...

Anyway, let's go to dad's office first.

I realised I don't know where his office is so I stopped and asked Lu-nii to lead the way. He sighed and started walking slowly with me following him behind.

After a while, we arrived at a certain room and Lu-nii knocked on it.

"Come in."

After dad's permission, Lucas opened the door and let me in first. Oh~ Lu-nii is such a gentleman. Though I know he did that so I would be the one to do the talking. His slyness haven't change.

"Good morning, dad!"

"Oh, princess!"

Yes... Dad start calling me princess since I was 1. I don't know why but that's also the time where the servants start blushing whenever I talk to them...

Of course he won't call me that when we're in public. Calling someone not from the royal family as princess won't be good, especially in the noble society. I mean there's already a princess who was just born a year ago...

"Good morning, father."

"Good morning, Lucas. So, what have bring you two here?"

Dad said with a gentle smile. Mom had told me that dad was called the Ice Devil Prime minister due to his stern and cold expression. Seeing his expression now, I don't know why they'd call him that...

There's also another person in his room. It was Axel, dad's chamberlain who's also the prime minister's assistant.

"Dad, I heard that Lu-nii had gone to your workplace!"

"Y-Yes, he has been to my workplace so he can get familiar with it."

"Not fair! I want to go to!"

"Eh?!"

Dad and Axel froze for a second, trying to process what they just heard. He looked towards Lu-nii and I knew, without needing to look at him, that Lu-nii was averting his eyes from him.

"P-Princess, why do you want to go there?"

"Because I want to help daddy so daddy can come home faster and spend time with mom and the two of us!"

Dad froze again but after a while, his face melted into a very gentle expression. Tears also seemed to almost burst out but he was able to hold it in.

"Thank you very much, princess. Then let's talk to you mom about this first okay?"

"Okay!"

He crouched down to my height and hugged me along with Lu-nii. Axel who was standing beside dad's desk was looking at us with warm eyes. Uwaa, a beautiful man's gentle smile is so destructive.

"Axel, I'll leave for a while."

"Understood."

Axel is our household's chamberlain and also dad's aide. They have been together since childhood so they could sense each other's feelings and mood really well.

Although I rarely meet him since he would always be at work with dad, I knew about him through the maids. Actually, he's really popular among the maids despite rarely being here. Even Anne seems to have fallen for him. Well, a cool looking guy like him would be popular right?

Axel bowed as we left the room. Lucas, dad and I start walking to mom's room and again, for reason I fail to understand, dad was carrying me on his arm. Why only me?! I mean he's only holding Lu-nii by his hand!

I looked to him with a troubled face and saw Lu-nii trying to hold back his laughter.

He's enjoying this!