Chapter 42 ~ Worry

After Illya's tears subsided, Maria and Iris arrived in the parlor.

I introduced Iris to Illya as my future personal knight. It went very well, though they were staring at each other longer than normal at one point... That was pretty weird.

But after that, Iris went to the side of the door and stood there, guarding it. She was in what seemed to be the female version of the royal knight apprentice's military uniform. The only difference from the male version, which I've seen Luke in, was the color. Instead of white military uniform with dark blue linings, its white with crimson red linings.

Honestly, Iris looks way cooler than Luke. Her face is much cooler and more beautiful than him and his hair is tied into a beautiful ponytail, revealing her white nape.

Guhe... Guhehehe... How wonderful~

"Oh right~ I've heard you received a lot of proposals for marriage, Illya~ Ufufufu, you seemed to become so popular~"

"A-Ahh..."

Eh? Why did she avert her gaze away?

Isn't it a good thing for a young noble lady? Why does she seem displeased instead?

"U-Uhn... Father has been receiving plenty of marriage proposals directed towards me recently. It is a bit... hectic."

I see... Well, Illya is an amazing girl after all. But receiving that many proposals for marriage would overwhelm a little girl like her.

"I see~ Well, Illya is very beautiful, smart, and kind, after all. It's no wonder a lot of man would like to marry you~"

"A-Alterisa-sama...! T-Thank you very much~!"

"Uhn~"

"Hehehe~"

Phew~ I'm glad she's happy again~ I wonder what made her upset just now...

I took a sip of the warm tea Anne brewed and sighed in relief.

Ah, now that I think of it, I don't think I've been receiving a lot of marriage proposals at all, if any.

My engagement with Alexus hasn't been announced publicly. The only ones who knew about this are people I'm close with like my family, Roland-sama, Lawliela-sama, Evelyn, Celine, and Illya.

So... The fact that I didn't hear anything about receiving marriage proposals... Could it be that I'm being hated by male nobility...?

Hm... I don't really mind it personally, but isn't that bad for the daughter of the prime minister?

...I should ask dad about this."

"Hehe~ Beautiful... Smart... Kind... So Alterisa-sama thinks of me that way~"

Hm? What did she say?

Well, she seems to be happy, so it doesn't matter~

"Ah, Illya~ Here, please try these~! They're all my creations, you know~?"

"Eh...? I-Is that true...?"

"Uhn~!"

Ufufufu~ Behold~! My confectionary recipes! Well, it's from my previous world, but that's not the point!

It is well known (I think) in the noble societies that I'm very skilled in making pastries! I've even heard from chefs that they often got requests to share the dessert recipes, but rejected all of it.

They went that far, saying the recipes were precious treasures from their princess, but I'm glad they didn't just share it around. After all, it would be nice for our household to have these special confectionaries to serve during parties!