Chapter 44 ~ What is he doing...?

Hm~ He sure is working hard~

Never would I have ever thought I'd seen that super playboy Keith breaking this much sweat.

Though... Lu-nii, you sure are not showing any mercy. Even I kinda feel bad for watching him got beaten up that much...

"Oh my~ That boy is surprisingly working hard~ It is quite different from the impression I have of him at first~"

"A-Ahahaha... Lu-nii isn't giving him a break, though... Eh? Impression? Do you know about Keith-sama, mom?"

"Of course~ He's famous amongst the young ladies, you know~?"

Mom smiled helplessly.

Ahhh... Right, of course. He's a playboy after all. Even when he first met me, he immediately tried to seduce me. Well, his skills were bad compared to mine, I wonder how he could woo that many young ladies...

"Ufufufu~ It seems that he's trying to impress someone~?"

"Impress someone...? Ahhh, I see. He must be aiming to get Lu-nii's approval huh...?"

From the shounen mangas I've read in the past, there have been characters who'd try to prove themselves to their close friends/rivals so they could be equal and become true friends.

Honestly, I don't really understand why, though...? I mean, Valerie-chan is stronger than me in magic, but I don't feel any kind of desire to fight and defeat her. I'm just trying my best to improve myself, and then one day show her that I've become as powerful as her!

Valerie-chan, being the humble cinnamon roll that she is, told me that I'm stronger than her and that she's trying her best to improve as well. Now, we're both encouraging each other so that we can become stronger together, not fighting against each other!

Hah... Boys are so weird, aren't they? I really don't get them...

"Oh my~ It seems you're still too young to understand, huh...?"

"Hm? Pardon me. Did you say something, mom?"

"Ufufufu~ It was nothing, dear~"

"...Okay?"

I turned my attention back to Lu-nii and Keith's spar as Kiara nuzzled into my embrace, sitting comfortably on my lap, while Fubuki-chan snuggled around my legs.

"Lu-nii is really strong... It'll be hard to win against him with just my spear."

"...Risa-chan, I am happy that you are growing into a strong young lady capable of defending yourself. But you shouldn't immerse yourself too much in battle, okay?"

"Ah..."

A-Aahhhh... S-She's right. My training with Roland-sama and Lawliela-sama had been everything going through my mind, aside from my shampoo and conditioner making, that I began to think like that.

...I only wanted to train in these so I could protect myself in case I had to face one of Alterisa's bad ends in the otome game at first, but it seems it had gotten a little bit too far. I should probably dial it back and only do it during my training sessions.

"I-I'm sorry, mom. I promise I will limit such thoughts to only during my training."

"Mm. It isn't like mommy doesn't like you becoming stronger, but if you keep thinking like that, you may become involved in those kinds of fields. I don't want my little baby angel to be in any danger."

"Uhn... I'm reflecting."

She's right. I should just limit this to being a hobby. After all, I don't plan on entering the military or become a royal court magician. I'm only aiming to live a wonderful life together with my friends and family and avoid all bad ends and flags!