Chapter 41 ~ The Cinnamon Roll's HERE!!!!

"Alterisa-sama... Please mind your behavior... You've been like this since you finished breakfast..."

"I can't! I'm too excited!!! Illya is coming! I've only talked to her through letters since my debutante!"

"That doesn't mean you can pace around the couch! Please calm down and take a seat! Look, Maria has prepared tea for you to enjoy!"

"Ah, thank you, Maria-chan~!!"

"Hehehe~ You are very welcome, Alterisa-sama~"

Mm~ Maria-chan is cute as well today~

I plopped down to the couch, my dress fluttering around in the air for a moment, and began drinking the warm cup of tea that immediately calmed my tension down.

Fubuki, who was curling up on the table, also stood up and jumped into my lap before curling up again. I pet her head and fluffy ears and closed my eyes and swung my feet.

Hehehe~ What should we do, I wonder~

Would she like to read books with me~? Or maybe we can play around in the garden with Fubuki~

Ufufufu~ I'm super looking forward to it~

"Oh, princess? Are you waiting for your guest?"

Suddenly, a voice came from behind me. Judging by the way he called me... Well, the only one who would call me princess is...

"Dad? Ah, are you going to the castle?"

I saw dad and his chamberlain/assistant, Axel, dressed even more formally than usual and heading to the entrance.

"Yes we are. We're going to have a meeting with his majesty."

"Oh, okay~ Have a nice trip~!"

"Speaking of which, who are you going to be meeting today? I've only heard about someone from the Luminum household visiting our estate."

"Yes. I've invited the daughter of Marquis Luminum, Illya, to our estate to play~ We met during my debutante and we have been writing letters to each other since~"

"Ah, the daughter of Marquis Marvin. If I'm not mistaken, she is called the "Blooming Flower of Luminum", right?"

"Eh? Blooming Flower of Luminum?"

Is that Illya's nickname? I've never heard of it.

"Hm? Are you not aware of this nickname?"

"No?"

What? Don't look at me like a helpless child! You too, Axel!!!

"My lady..."

A-Anne as well?!?! What?! Am I the only one not in the know?!?!?!

M-Maria-chan, you don't know about this either, right?!

I turned to her and saw her beaming a beautiful smile.

That's a beautiful smile, indeed. But what does that mean?!?!?! Do you know?!?!?!

Dad giggled and patted my head.

U-Uughh.. Don't pity me please... It just makes me feel even more embarrassed...

"It is the nickname given to the first daughter of the Luminum household after news about her rapid improvement in etiquette, academic, and swordsmanship spread in the noble society. It was very sudden that it surprised many members of the nobility, as well as her own father apparently. In terms of how quickly she grew, she'd only be second to you, the crown prince, and the crown princess."