Chapter 82 ~ Did these Capture Target... Change?

After dancing with Alex, dad immediately came to me after his dance with mom and asked me what happened. His gaze pierced through me, and he looked super serious for some reason.

"E-Eh? Uhm, nothing happened... We just danced..."

I-I can't say that I'm planning on using the crown prince for marketing... Not at least until I've got a plan to convince dad that it's a good idea, enough to outweigh the fact that I'm using the heir to the throne for my own business.

But even after that, he kept staring at me for a while, even as we danced.

U-Ughh... W-Why is dad acting like this...?

"...I saw you were quite intimate with Alexus just now. Are you sure nothing happened?"

Eh? Intimate? How?

I looked at him confusedly for a moment, before I suddenly recalled his words and his kiss on my hand.

I immediately blushed and looked away from him in embarrassment.

"I-It's nothing! He was just messing around! Y-You know, there's a lot of girls here, so he must be acting like that to display our closeness so they won't bother him!"

"So something did happen after all."

"Ah..."

W-Why is he becoming even more intense?! S-Seriously! Mom, help me!!! Your husband is going berserk!

U-Uuuuhhh... I can feel the cold air emanating from him.

Dad muttered something under his breath, and we separated after the song ended.

Then, Lu-nii came to me after he had his dance with mom and we danced to the next song.

"Aaaahh~ You're so lucky that you got to dance with Lily after this, Lu-nii~ I want to dance with Lily too!"

"You've already promised to dance with her later, right? And didn't you have a lot of fun dancing with Alex? I saw you being a blushing mess when I was watching from the sidelines."

He smiled teasingly, but I already had two lifetimes worth of getting used to that face so it didn't bother me.

"That's because he was using his cheating face and doing all kinds of embarrassing stuff! I won't lose next time."

"Ahahaha. I see. Well... Just don't say that to Alex, if you can. Otherwise, he won't be able to handle it..."

"Eh? Why?"

"... Just don't say it."

"...Okay?"

...What is he saying? He's being super weird...

After dancing with me, Lu-nii went ahead and asked Lily for a dance. The two and their family had agreed to it beforehand so they were not surprised, but many people who saw this were surprised.

After all, despite their beauty, prestige, and households, the two never accepted any proposals from anyone, even until now. And now... They were about to have their first dance with someone outside of their core family. This alone was enough to shake all the nobles who noticed it.

Well, to me and my friends, who already saw them together often, weren't shocked either. In fact, we've been helping them get together, like how we would invite Lily to come stay over in my house when Lu-nii was home. Or how we let them spend time alone while he plays outside.

Ufufufu~ We had a lot of fun match making them~

Well, I admit I never realized that they're more than friends until a few years ago, even in my previous life. But now, I'm in full support of those two!!!