Chapter 17

~Clay's POV~

It's been weeks, and the medical bills are stacking up. Knowing no one else would pay them except for me and boys, since her parents are out of the picture. The bills were a lot more expensive than I anticipated. I'm not sure I could pay for them much longer. I'm not sure how long I could keep her alive. I just might have to pull the plug.

~Nick's POV~

Over the few weeks we stayed at Y/n's house, I noticed Clay's eyes had changed shades. They went from peppy emerald eyes to a depressing forest green, and were losing their color fast. The accident had taken quite a toll on the man in front of me, and I don't know what to do.

Clay had lost a lot of weight, and had permanent purple bags under his eyes. He rarely left his room. Most nights I stood outside the door listening. He was always mumbling thing he should of done better, and everything he regretted. It killed me to hear those words exit his mouth, it killed to see him blame it on himself.

Tonight, I knocked, "Hey. Can I come in?"
I heard a grunt, so I entered. He was sitting on the floor with his back to the closet door. He had his knees pulled up to his chest as his head set on top. Ostracizing himself from the world. He looked awful to say the least.

He had multiple plates of food and glasses of water that laid scattered across his desk. All of them were untouched, and had a thin layer of dust covering them.

Clay refused to make eye contact as I spoke to him, "How are you? Have you ate anything today?"

They were stupid questions and I already knew the answers. The thing I was about to say broke me, but we have to come to terms with reality.

"Clay, how long do we give her?"

His sobs continued and mine started. I walked over to him and sat next to him. I pulled him close, his head resting on my shoulder. We sat there for who knows how long.

~George's POV~

Cries began to settle behind the door in front of me. I slowly opened the door to see Nick and Clay's arms wrapped around each other, sleeping.

Tears ran down my face, this was the first time Clay actually slept this month.

I pulled a blanket over them and let them sleep.

YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO Y/N BUT NAH YOU GOT ANGST HEHEH. I'll post the next chapter right after this one coz this one and the next one are short. I love ya guys :3
PLEASE EAT, DRINK AND GET SOME SLEEP PLZ!!! I'm proud of you!

-Athrii <3