Chapter 24

~Y/n's POV~

It's been a few weeks since I took the medicine. I've gotten closer to the trio, and they've helped me with my surroundings a bit more.

I was sitting on the side of my bed looking outside, gray filled my vision as usual, but their were specks of green, which I believe are trees. I miss trees.

I was listening to the consistent patter of the rain as it hit my window. The door behind me creaked, assuming it was one of the boys. Or maybe it was Clay, he seemed to hang around me a lot more, which I enjoyed. His presence made me safe and warm.

"Hey."

I jumped at the smooth deep voice. Why was he here? "Eret?"

I said under my breath, but he caught it. "Hi
Y/n, long time no see. How have you been?"

Why was he being so calm about this? He's in the enemies house. Why-

Did he come to save me? Oh no.

I don't want to leave.

Did I really just think that? Y/n! What about Tommy and Tubbo?

What about Wilbur?

I sighed at the thought, no way they actually let me be a member of L'Manburg. Did they lie to me? Was this all a scheme?

I miss them, but they don't miss me.

"Eret? I don't want to go back. I'm sorry-"

He laughed, he actually laughed. His deep laughs settled as he caught my confused expression. "You thought I was here to save you? Sorry darling, I've changed sides of war. But since you've said you don't want to leave, might as well tell you how I betrayed them."

Them. L'Manburg. My brothers.

He told about the secret room, the button, and the bloodshed.

I silently cried; salty tears ran down my face. It hurt to hear all these painful things happen to kids.

"-oh but you should've seen what Dream did to Tommy. He might not even have lived-"

"Enough"

Dreams voice was dangerously low. But I wasn't scared of him. He hurt my friends, even though they betrayed me, they are still the closest thing I have to family.

The sound of iron boots left the room swiftly, leaving me with only a presence behind me.

"Dream."

"Y/n I'm sorry-"

My voice went into a low whisper, "is he alive?"

He knew who I was talking about. He footsteps walked closer to me, then I felt the mattress below me shift as he sat next to me, "I think."

Anger boiled inside of me, ready to explode. "What do you mean, 'I think'?" I gritted my teeth. I jumped up from where I was sitting, facing the blurred man, "He could be dead! What about Tubbo? Is he dead too?!"

His shadowy figure towered over me. His blurry green hoodie was slowly going red. My anger was taking over, my fists balled up.

I don't remember how long it's been, but it was now dark outside. I was back in my bed trying to figure out what happened before. My fingers were restricted with soft material. I soon found it was medical tape, and they began to throb in pain.

"I brought you food."

Dreams voice made me jump. He sounded hurt; was he okay?

"Dream why are my hands bandaged up?"

He sighed, "you bruised them. You had every right to hit me."

He was exhausted, I could tell. "I hit you?"

My mind was foggy, I would remember if I hit him.

"Yeah, you got angry at me; which I understand, I shouldn't have done that. I really-"

Tommy?

"Can I go see him?"

He breathed shakily, "Um, sure. How bout tomorrow?"

I nodded bitter sweetly, then made my way over to the dresser. With a bit of stumbling, I pulled out a drawer. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. I assumed these were Dream's old clothes that didn't fit him.

"It's not much, but at least it's something warm to sleep in. It gets cold around here."

"Yeah I almost died from the cold" I said sarcastically. I earned a chuckle in response. "I am going on walk, so I'll be back in a bit. Also, George and Sapnap are visiting Bad. So don't do anything while I'm gone, okay?"

I laughed, "k Dream" He lingered in the doorway for a second to long, but then his footsteps faded as I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

It felt good to scrub off the grime that stuck to my skin. The warm water was relaxing as I scrubbed my hair (or just vibin in the shower).

After a while, I got out and changed into the clothes Dream gave me. I snuggled into my sheets, hoping to get some sleep. But that was not the case.

~Dream's POV~

I left. I needed some space. The stars were surprisingly bright tonight. I laid sprawled out on uncomfortable grass deep in a forest. The crickets chirped in sync but suddenly went silent. The forest became eerily quiet, a few branches snapped in the distance. They we are running the opposite direction from me, retreated and slowly got quieter.

Strange

A pungent smell filled my nostrils. I coughed in response. It smelled like smoke and gasoline. I brushed it off; it was probably just a camp fire. But then I saw a plume of smoke that was hovering right over where our house is located.

Man I'm behind on pre-writing. Oops sorry.
Have a good day :3
-Athrii