Chapter 38

Hiya B)

~Dream's POV~

George and I followed the girl closely for a few minutes. I didn't want to be a creep, but she was definitely not in the right mindset to be walking home alone, even with her dog.

Her silky h/c hair and e/c eyes that looked that sparkled in the sun.

She was beautiful.

Wait- I've only just met her and I hurt her...

"Keep the dog under control George, so he doesn't blow our cover." I whispered to the brunette.

George simply nodded and closed his eyes. He raised his hands out in front of him and began waving and twisting his wrists. As small sparks formed; his brows furrowed and his mouth went tight with focus. It looked like he was intricately picking at imaginary strings.

After a second he stopped, already looking tired, "My aura and the calming magic I put on him should last about and hour. But Dream, we don't know how far she lives. Why are we doing this anyway?"

Tiredness was already working its way into his voice and posture. Whatever this... magic... was, it took a lot out of the brunette. He wouldn't last long before passing out.

Why did I want to do this?

"George, you go back to the castle; you look tired, I'll follow her." I blurt out, completing ignoring his question.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm not tired." timing couldn't be worse for him; he yawned.

I laughed, but George gave me the deadliest glare to ever be given, "It's not funny."

I mocked him in my most trashy British accent, "iTs nOt fUnNy-" and ending it with a bow.

Within a second, vines slithered up my arms and legs and wrapped around me; keeping me in place.

"George! Just because I make fun of you, doesn't mean you can use your power against me! It's not fair." I said with a pout on my face and giving him puppy dog eyes.

He rolled his blue and brown eyes, which was probably the hundredth time today, "You're an idiot." And then the vines dropped.

"Just for you." I said smugly.

George snapped his head towards me, his mushroom earrings moving with the force. Daggers pierced his eyes, he was going to kill me.

"I'm kidding!" I immediately rose my hands signaling I surrender.

George scoffed, "Go get your girl. You've probably lost her trail by now."

Oh shoot-
My girl? What did he mean by that?

"By gogy-" and I pulled down my mask and ran towards where she vanished, ignoring George's comment.

(Totally didn't get carried away with Dnf)

It was easy to follow her tracks when I reached the snow biome. My armor glistened in the setting sun, the area was quite beautiful if I do say so myself. I wouldn't mind living out here...

A house—no, a cabin? A very familiar one.

Technoblade's cabin sat at the base of a snow covered hill. No way she lived with Techno. Does Technoblade have a sister..?

I quietly made my way to one of the lower windows. I peeked over the edge; the house was exactly the same from when I came here to look for Tommy.

The girl entered my view as she climbed the ladder that connected the floors. She faced the window, which happened to be the one I was peeking through. I ducked, praying that she didn't see me.

"I saw Dream."

It was muffled, but I heard it through the exterior of the house. Did she see me in the window? Shoot-

Wait- I didn't tell her my name...it would be possible if she had heard rumors about me.

"H-he didn't f-follow you right? Right?!"

...Tommy? No way that's him. No way he came to Techno's house to hide. If so, I'll have to pay them another visit.

The door to my right flew open. E/c irises stared at me. Her h/c looked shiny and silky in the evening sun.

She looked familiar...

Suddenly I was pushed to the ground, sword digging into my neck. The girl sat on my abdomen, straddling me, ultimately pinning me to the wet snow.

"Why did you follow me?" She spat. Sword cutting my flesh.

I thought the walk would've cooled her off, guessed wrong.

"Nice to see you again too, I didn't get a name last time." I said smugly, eyes squinted even though she couldn't see my face.

"You just don't get it do you?" She said with a shake of her head.

Something about her voice made me smile and feel tingly inside. I could feel my face flush. Not to mention, she's literally inches from my face and is sitting on me.

"Guess I don't." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I could chop your head clean off green boy." She said, voice dripping with venom. Her hands tightened around the blade.

In a swift moment, and a calculated attack. I grabbed her waist and shoved her to the ground. I pinned her forearms against the snow; as I kneeled above her to keep her from moving. My knee digging into her thigh. Her eyes quickly filled with confusion and disbelief then stared at my own eyes. "How the-"

"That's what I thought, no need to get so full of yourself." I chuckled, kicking her sword away. I leaned down to her ear and whispered, "Care to give me a name now?"

~Y/n's POV~

"Care to give me a name now?" He said in a low whisper. The side of his mask brushed up against cheek.
Since when was it warm out here?

"You're cute when your flustered Darling."

Aight well, there goes my attempt to hide my blush, because I could control it anymore. My whole body pretty much burst into flames due to his closeness. Embarrassing.

"I, uh- can you get off of me?"

Dream's brain seemed to malfunction at my statement. He looked down at me and hurriedly looked away. He then abruptly stood up and held out his hand, which was slightly shaking.

What's got him so worked up? Me? Pfft- hasn't changed.

I swatted his hand away and stood up myself, I didn't need his help. "Dream, leave me alone." I said walking back towards the caramelized spruce door.

"If I do recall correctly, you shouldn't know my name." Dream began to spin a small knife around, trying to act intimidating.

I stopped in my tracks and mentally face palmed. I've screwed up. I clenched my teeth and turned around to face the dead eyes of the mask.

I grasped my kerchief that rested on my nose, covering more than half of my face.

I yanked it down, letting it rest on my collarbone. "Leave."

Dream stopped playing with the knife and kept his eyes on me. I could feel him scanning my face, cogs turning in his head.

"Y/n?"

Haha motivation doesn't exist.

I hope you all have a spledoso day!
Love you guys. And very very sorry about the complete LACK of updates.

- Athrii <3