Chapter 54

look how cute my boi is. ^

~3rd Person~

Clay felt her eyes on him as he stared out the window. "Is there something on my face?" He spoke into the dense air of the car.

"No." Y/n stated blatantly, "I've seen your face before."

Giggles erupted from the two boys in the front. But it soon died down back into a thick silence.

"I mean I visited you in the hospital-" Clay spoke, without taking his eyes off of each lamppost that the car passed.

"No." Y/n spoke just as adamant as before, "I've seen you before."

The air remained stiff. All three men were utterly confused at the woman's faulty and daring statement.

"You don't believe me, do you?" Y/n muttered as she sank into the leather seats.

"I didn't say that," Clay quickly defended, "let's talk about this at home, ok?"

Clay hoped she was lying. He hoped it had something to do with her coma.

Because if she had seen him, that opened the possibility of his fans seeing him. He just wasn't ready.

But Y/n wasn't completely lying. She had seen his freckled face and piercing emerald eyes before. She had a simple idea, but doesn't understand how it came to be.

After a few more minutes of unsettling silence, they reached Y/n's house.

It felt like years since Y/n had been in her own home, but rightfully it had only been eight months.

Clay slid an arm under her legs and one to support her back, carrying her bridal style.

Y/n was tiny. The coma had devolved her muscles and tissues due to being unused. Clay picked her up with little effort.

Y/n felt like crying. She hated being practically useless. She was broken and weak. Well, that's what her thoughts said.

Y/n dug her head into Clay's chest to hide her tears. Fortunately, for her, at young age she taught herself how to cry silently.

She had too. Her parents fought every night, it doesn't matter where you live or who you are, that will break a you every time.

"You okay?" Clay gently whispered into the girl's hair as he entered the front door.

Y/n stiffened, and Clay could tell. "Want me to take you to your room?"

Y/n nodded against his warm chest. He was the only sense of comfort in her life. He always had been.

Every time she called him in the middle of the night. He was always there.

'Not forever, though.'

They plagued her mind.

She snapped out of her head as she felt the mattress below her. Her tears had long been stopped, her cheeks dry.

Clay crouched down to her and cradled her cheek with his hand. How's emerald eyes bore into her pained ones.

Clay sighed as his eyes flickered from one of her eyes to the other. "I'm not mad, I just want to know where you've seen me. You sure you-"

"You have a scar behind your ear." Y/n blurted, surprising both herself and Clay.

"What is this?" Y/n questioned as Dream
allowed her to explore his face with her hands.

She was blind, it wouldn't hurt to show her his face.

Dream scoffed as Y/n repeatedly rubbed her thumb over the indent behind his ear.

"I did stupid things as a kid."

Clay's eyes widened. He told know one about his accident, since the scar was hidden enough for people not to ask.

"H-how?" Clay quietly breathed out.

Y/n looked down to her lap, ashamed. "I really don't know, I'm sorry." she sighed before continuing, "but while I was... gone. I think I was actually dreaming about things."

Clay tilted his head before joining her on the edge of the bed. "About what?"

Y/n's shoulders dropped, "I felt like I was in another life."

Y/n heard Clay take in a quick breath. And honestly, she was scared.

After a few silent seconds, Clay whispered, "So you've been living another life... while I was stuck here."

Y/n gulped, she couldn't tell if his statement was a question or not, but she nodded, nonetheless.

"Can you remember anything else?" Clay urged.

Y/n sat an though for a minute trying to recall her oddly real dreams. "I remember you, Sapnap and George."

Clay nodded but slightly chuckled, "I haven't heard you call snapnap by his online name in a while."

Something clicked in the girls brain. "Dream?"

His emerald eyes shot to hers, his lips in a tight line. He was looking for any sign of regret that she called him that, but he found none.

It hurt. Clay thought they were on first name basis, but he thought wrong.

After seeing Clay's disappointed frown,
Y/n quickly explained, "That was your name, you told me to call you that. Nick was Sapnap. And George was George because he's lame."

Clays shoulders visibly relaxed and laid down on the bed. His head landing in Y/n's lap, staring up into her e/c irises.

"Anything else?" Clay asked with a brow raised.

Y/n sadly shook her head before babbling, "Not at the moment, but you'll be the first to know."

That made Clay smile. But that smile only got wider out of embarrassment as Y/n teased, "So how'd little dreamy get a scar behind his ear? Did my little guy do something stupid?"

Pink spread across the male's cheeks, clearly surprised at the nickname. He covered his face with his hands to hide his blush.

If Y/n noticed, she didn't say anything.

"Oh come on now," Clay scoffed before admitting his incident, "I snuck out of my parents house to practice knife throwing."

Y/n scoffed and ran a hand through his fluffy but quite messy hair, "You'll need to explain a little more."

"Well the important part was that the knife stuck to the target." Clay joked as he sat up away from her lap, "But as yanked it out I dropped it like an idiot."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Haven't changed."

Clay stood up and faced her before retorting, "Your still just as snarky before the incident."

Y/n pushed a hand against Clay's chest. Clay effortlessly caught her wrist and pulled her flush against his body.

Clay wrapped an arm around her waist to practically hold up most of her body, not daring to let her go.

Clay lightly pressed a kiss to her temple and hugged her tighter.

He would do anything for this girl.

7k Reads???? Y'all chill-
Thank you tho, you guys are so beautiful and are worthy of love. Have you had water or food today? Go get some for me, just a little will make me proud. You guys are awesome and keep going. Luv ya!

-Athrii <3