Chapter 23

~Clay's POV~

"Y/n?"

There she was, I'd never thought I'd see her again. Her e/c eyes shown brightly in the darkness that surrounded the two of us.

"Y/n? Please tell me that's you. I'm not hallucinating am I? Please. Y/n!?" I shouted hoping to get a response.

The girl stood quietly, which only supported my unwavering doubts. I accepted that I was hallucinating, and all I could do was embrace this glimpse of her.

"Clay?" I froze at the unexpected voice. Her voice was filled with pain and confusion.

My heart ached at the thought of her being hurt. I ran toward her, trying to see what's wrong and protect her from this everlasting darkness. "Yes it's Clay, Y/n please come back I need you-"

Just as I reached her, the ground below her gave way; I reached to catch her but I was too late. It felt awful feeling her slip through my arms, as I had to watch helplessly, as she slowly faded away into the utter darkness.

She mouthed, "I'm sorry Nox" as she fell.

Her eyes made contact with mine for the last time before she was swallowed by the darkness.

I stood staring at the blackened pit, "Nox" I whispered to myself. I haven't heard that the nickname is so long. Then I remembered the nickname I gave her, "N/n"

Each of the names had their meanings. Mine was the sunset, and hers was the sunrise. We fit perfectly and balanced each other out.

I didn't hesitate. I took the leap; I jumped into the infinite black hole. It felt like I was floating in space, nothing mattered besides the darkness. The air rushed past me; ruffling my hair.

It felt nice.

I had no worries. It was calming.

And then it wasn't

"Clay!" Nick yelled as I jolted forward, what happened?

Nick must of read my mind, "Clay you were screaming and crying. Are you hurt?"

I didn't feel pain, so I was good on that part. But why was I screaming?

I closed my eyes tightly, hoping that would help me remember. But it didn't work, I keep trying, but nothing came up. I began to feel frustrated. I was frustrated I couldn't remember such a simple thing.

why why why why why-

My mind raced, my head was screaming and it was becoming to hard to handle.

I pressed the palms hands against my ears, trying to block out the noise, nothing was helping.

I began pushing my skull harder, just to try and feel something, anything, just to ease the painful screeching and ear piercing noises in my head, that never seemed to stop.

"Clay!" Everything went silent, as my eyes opened and focused of Nicks eyes. His hands held mine tightly, must have pulled them away from my skull. Restricting me from hurting myself, ultimately helping with my unforgiving ADHD.

I looked down at my hands, which were red and twitching, but mine weren't the only ones.

Nicks hands were shaking violently against mine as he continued to grasp them in his hold. My eyes slowly met his own dark colored eyes. His eyes glistened, tears threatening to spill. My face softened at the sight, "Nick?"

He sniffed, and a thankful smile rested on his lips. He jumped at me, wrapping his arms around me. I stumbled backwards at the sudden force, but I hugged him back confusedly.

Nick mumbled into my shoulder,"I thought we lost you." Now I was really confused. I looked up from Nick's back to see George leaning against the doorframe. He had a tear-stained face, but was smiling, nonetheless.

"You weren't breathing," George whispered. Which only caused Nick to cry harder into my shoulder. I hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry" I whispered over and over again.

I know it wasn't my fault, but I felt bad having to see them slowly watch Death almost take over... twice.

"I saw her" I whispered as quietly as I could. My voice broke with every syllable.

The boys looked at me with confusion and sadness.

I nodded, "S-She was in pain, I-I couldn't do anything." I rubbed the tears away which were only replaced with more steady streams of tears.

That night I went to bed thinking of her.

Ugh I actually hate this chapter. It felt rushed I'm sorry. I might revise this later, but don't count on it coz I hate it too much to care about it.

Anyways I need sleep, you should sleep too!!! You need it to live. If it's like midday for you, go treat yourself to something nice.

Whether it's going out for ice cream or finding a half melted chocolate bar between the cushions of your couch. (Please don't eat that :3) but find something nice to do, go relax. Luv ya guys:)

-Athrii <3