Chapter 57

Last Chapter... :P

Y/n heard the chains move before anything else, and then she was forcefully shoved to the ground. Pain shot up her head and back.

Cold metal chains were pressed against her neck, blocking her airway.

She gasped for air, but it wasn't working. Her vision became blurry with tears and due to lack of air. Darkness was creeping from the sides of her eyes.

Dream stood above the dazed girl, he grinned as he pushed his own restraints down further into her neck.

The maniac let out a sickening laugh that echoed throughout the small room, making it all seem much more frightening.

The room spun for Y/n. She tried to tear the monster's claws away, but she had no energy to keep fighting.

And then it stopped. The weight of the chain was vacant from her neck. Air found it's way into her lungs.

Her senses seemed to clear up as she inhaled. Y/n started to cough up blood, which surprised Dream.

His smile grew wider.

Dream crouched down to her and reached out a hand to cup her cheek. Y/n was too weak to push his filthy hand away.

Luckily she didn't have to. A loud mechanical click startled Dream.

Someone was visiting...

Dream picked the exhausted girl up by the front of her shirt, "I'm real. Remember that, if not, remember this."

He kissed her.

Familiar lips on her own.

She even tasted the ash and salty sweat on his surprisingly smooth lips.

(I physically gagged writing that^)

The lava began to drain.

"I'm sorry love."

And then he threw her against the wall. Her head crack sickeningly on impact, and then she was consumed by the darkness.

"George! What do I do?!" Clay screamed as he pressed his ear to Y/n's chest.

Her pulse had stopped. Her breathing fell silent.

And then she stood up, like nothing even happened. Black dots filled her vision as she fell back into Clay's arms. "Oh thank goodness."

Clay was relieved, but Y/n's brain was running a mile a minute. "You're not real."

Clay tilted his head and drew his eyebrows together, "What?"

Y/n backed herself out of his warm embrace snapped at the blonde, "No- you're not real. Where's Dream?!"

Clay's right hand began to shake.

"Come with me Ms L/n." An older woman ushered, "He's waiting for you."

The girl's overseer took her hand and led her out of the room she called home.

The room where she spent her nights staring at the ceiling trying to remember her lover's face.

It had been years.

With her other hand, she placed it on the pale yellow wall and dragged it against its grooves as she walked.

The girl passed the cafeteria. It was where she would pick up her bland meal everyday and head straight back to her own confinement.

She then passed rows of doors that she often stepped into. The visits were usually just checkups on the girl and to track her progress.

And it was where she first learned about schizophrenia.

The woman tugged on the girl's hand and pulled her through a door where she had first entered this mental hospital.

The blinding white lobby was nearly empty except for a few people scattered around. Some were crying, others flipping through random Vogue magazines that were messily spread out on tables.

And then there was Clay.

He stood up as he saw his girl. He had grown over the years, both physically and mentally, but he would never be ready for this very moment.

Tears threatened to spill as they hid in the corners of his emerald eyes.

And then he smiled.

A smile that the girl recognized.

"Y/n."

THE END

HEHE. I hope y'all enjoyed it! I did!

Thank you all for he overwhelming support, it's been so nice. Every time I see a notif for a comment or vote it seriously makes me smile. Thank you.

Also! I can write an epilogue if you guys want it! I have also already written a alternate ending chapter as well. Let me know I guess... idk

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT, I JUST NEEDED TO WRAP THE STORY UP OH MY.

I hope you guys have a good day, I wish the best for you and your family. Please take of yourself for me. Love you guys!
-Athrii <3

thanks 🥹