14

Madeline POV

Today they're coming to pick us up, i've ignored jackson since thursday night because i'm still so pissed at him. I already know how this will go, they'll try and i'll ignore them or be sarcastic. Also if i'm uncomfortable i'll just go to the music studio to sing or just be away from them. Or maybe i'll dance or draw and paint, i've got enough things to keep me busy so i don't have to interact with them.

I'm pulled out of my toughts by a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in" i say and i see scarlett enter with a smile on her face "goodmorning" she says and i say a small morning back. "So are ypu ready to go?" She asks and i close my sports sack, i look around and see something under my pillow. "Wait i just need this" i say and i take my blankie and my little horse. "Okay don't laugh at me i just can't sleep wothout them they make me feel safe" i tell scarlett and i see she has tears in her eyes "i gave you that little stuffed animal and that's your brothers babyblanket. Yours was a pink one with your name on it. I've never told anyone this but after we gave ypu away i started sleeping with your blanket because i missed you so much and it felt like i had a small piece of you hugging me" she tells ma and i feel tears starting to form in my eyes. I quickly blink them away as it think about what they did "yeh well you probably should've tought about missing us before you gave us up" i tell her and i can see the hurt on her face. I just walk past her almost bumping her shoulder.

Scarlett POV

That one realy hurt. I know she's right but she shouldn't be talking to me like this i'm her mother and she should have some respect for me. The whole ride was quiet, jackson was on his phone and madeline put in her earphones and looked out of the window the entire time while playing with her rings. I can sense that things between them aren't good right now, i don't know what happened maybe they got in a fight again. As my mind wonders about that wa arrive at the house.

We get out and they both went to get their bags. "Nice place" mads says "thank you bubs" chris says and he throws an arm around her shoulders and she smiles up at him. A pang of jealousy hits me again, why isnnt she like this with me i ask myself. "Okay let's go inside. I'll show you your rooms and then inll start making dinner" i tell them and they nod. I show jackson his room, his is in front of chris' room, and than i show madelin her room. It's at the complete diffrent side of the hallway and it's in front of mine. Call me selfish but i want my baby close to me. "So this is your room, i know it's not much but it isn't forever. When we get to new york you can decorate your own room." I tell her and she nods while looking around "thanks" she mutters and she puts her bag in the corner. "I'll strat making dinner is there anything i need to think about?" I ask her in case of any allergies. "Uhmm for jackson no but i'm alergic to shrimp" she tells me and i nod "i'll call you down when it's ready" i tell hee and she nods.

Madeline POV

I took a good look around in the room, i had my own bathroom, a desk and a nice big built in closet. It's a beautifull place with a big garden and a small pool. My room is across scarlett's, i just hope i don't get a nightmare because they make ma screa and panic and i don't want to wake her because then i'll have to tell her what happened and i'm not ready to tell her that. Inm not sure if i'll ever be able to tell anyone what happened. Not even jackson knows about the barn with mr. Benson, he knows about him hitting me in the beginning but when it started with something else and not his hands i started lying and i told him he stopped because he liked it there. Mr. Benson was the perfect dad for jackson in the beginning, he played sprots, he was nice, he took him out, he went to his games and he was a father to him. I couldn't take that away from him so so for almost three years i went trough all sorts of shit. It started when i was eight and when i wes eleven we went back to the orphanage, then we had another foster dad mr. Freeman, he made me do all kinds of things for him and his friends and he let them do with me what they wanted. Another traumatizing experience for a twelve year old. After a year we told someone and ended back up where we started. No foster parents ever since and now we're here.

After unpacking everything i put in my earphones and started drawing and singing. I was drawing a horse i've seen somwhere besides the road. I was so lost in the song and the drawing that i didn't hear scarlet calling me or coming into my room. Then she put her hand on my shoulder and i immediatly flinch and turn around scared. "Sorry i didn't mean to scare you but i've called you for dinner and you didn't answer." She explains "it's okay i was just scared for a second" i tell her " well i like hearing you sing and your drawing is realy beautiful." She says "thanks" i say with a smile.

We eat dinner together and let me tell you it was awkward as hell. None of us said anything until we were done. Scarlett started doing the dishes and i decided to help her. I put on some misic and i start drying the dishes while humming along the songs. After i did the dishes i went to back to my room without saying anything.

It was getting late and i got ready for bed and i was all ready and almost asleep when i heard my door open. I heard two pairs of footsteps and then i felt a kiss on my forehead "goodnight bubs" chris says and i hear his footsteps leave the room. Then i feel a more gentle kiss pressed on my forehead and i smell lavender perfume i know ot's scarlett just by that smell "goodnight my baby i realy hope you give us a chance to make it up." She says and with that she leaves the room and i fall asleep.