108

Madeline POV

Dad was acting weird again, just like in the hotel in oxford. He's constantly texting someone on his phone and he sometimes has a small smile on his face. I don't really know what to think but i know he'll tell me when he's ready. I was cleaning the table with lizzie and florence and decided to do the dishes alone because i really need some alone time between this dinner.

I put on some music and started doing the dishes. The first song that came on was take me to church, it was one of my all time favourites scince i was younger. The moment i started singing it was like everything else dissapeared, it was just me doing the dishes. I didn't notice someone sitting on the counter until the song was done and she clapped. I turned around and came face to face with scarlett "hi" she says with a small smile "hey" i reply before turning around and continuing to wash the dishes. She took a towel and started drying them without a word. She kept glancing at me like she really wants to say something and as much as i try to ignore it i can't "is there something you want to say or ask?" I ask her and she nods "i know you're not moving back to my place but i'd really like you to spend some time there with us. I mean we all missed you there over the last two months and rose has been asking for you a lot" she says and i nod "yeah that's okay. But i don't want you to get your hopes up because it might take a long time before i start thinking about moving back. I know it's a bit harsh to just say it like that but i want you to know that beforehand" i tell her and she smiles

"ofcourse, i already thought it would be like that but i'm glad you said it and set your boundaries. I want you to be that honest to me when i ask you something because i want to know what you want and don't want because i want to make this work. I told you i'd be better but i think i'll need your help with telling me what you want and don't so it's clear for me and i don't cross a line" she tells me and that's sweet. She actually thinks about what i want and don't "so when would you like me to come over?" I ask her with a smile and her smile widens when she sees mine "how about thursday morning. Rose doesn't have school and she's been dying to see you again" she says and i nod "and jackson does he have school?" I ask her and she nods "he does. There's training for this big game he'll be playing soon" she answers me and i nod "okay i'll be there at nine is that okay?" I ask and she nods.

We finished the dishes and went to the living room. Dad was on his phone once again and i felt like being close to him so i laid down on his lap resting my legs on lizzie's. He looked down to my face and smiled before typing again. I raised my hand to his phone and he looked down again "papa i want your attention" i say and he laughs before finishing his text "pweaaaase love me" i say with a childish voice and he laughs before putting his phone away and presses a kiss on my forehead. He then looks at lizzie and nods and before i reaslise what's happening both of them are tickling me. I starts squirming and laughing "st- stop ple-please" i barely get put from laughing and then they do. I look at dad with a fake pout " i said love me not tickle me" and they all started laughing.

The night went on for a long time and i almost fell asleep where i was standing. So flo and i went upstairs and got ready for bed. I got in and immediatly cuddled into her side "i missed being this close to you tonight" i tell her and she nods "me to love but i hope you understand where i'm coming from" she says and i give her a kiss "ofcourse i do. Goodnight angel" i tell her and then slowly drift off to sleep.

This chapter doesn't really have anything important in it except from some cute moments. But it's leading to something that will happen in the next chapter so it's worth it.

I hope you're having a good day🤍

Till the next chapter babes <3