28

Madeline POV

For the rest of the night i didn't say anything but a small goodnight and i went to my room. After a while scarlett came in but i pretended to be asleep and she gave me a kiss on my head and said goodninght. Right now she's confusing me, she doesnnt want me and she didn't want her daughter or husband to meet me but than she comes in and kissing my head like she actualy cares about me.

The next morning i'm woken up by my stupit dinosaur of a brother who jumps on my bed and let me tell you that's not a good way to wake me up and normaly he knows that but i guess he chose death this morning. I grab his leg and pull it hard so he falls down "stupid dinosaur you're lucky i only grabbed ypur leg and i didn't push you off" i say angrily. "Well you needed to wake up and i volonteered as tribute so here i am and you're awake so i'd say sission complete" he says with a stuptid grin on his face and i take the pillow from behind me and hit him with it "get that stupid grin off your face" i say and he starts laughing. "Come on mads you need to get ready scarlett wants to leave in twenty minutes" he says and walks away.

I was in no mood to talk, look at or even be around scarlett. I was still mad and hurt about the things she said and the things she's done without even realising. In the shop i stayed quiet and next to jackson, i didn't show anything i liked because i know all of this is expensive and i don't want her spenfing money on me i'm nor comfortable with that. Ofcourse my dumb other half knows me well and showed her some things i like and she chose some things herself. After she paid for everything they sent all of it to the house and scarlett wanted to buy us some new clothes, wich i'm not happy about. And also i didn't need any new stuff lizzie and i got plenty the other day so i just walked behind them and stayed quiet the whole time.

Scarlett POV

Madeline was quiet and distant the whole time and i don't like that we took such a big step back. I asked her a lot of times what she wanted and she just ignored me, jackson showed me some things and i chose some stuff for myself. When we went clothes shopping she stayed behind and didn't say a word or even look at me. I donnt know how much longer i can handle this but it's my own fault and i can only blame myself for my actions. I didn't want them to meet trough the phone but i think i did more damage than good. After being ignored many more times i just gave up asking. When jackson got himself a new closet we went home madeline didn't show me anything so i didn't force her maybe it's for another time.

As we were walking out of the store i saw some flashes and i knew what was about to go down. In the matter of seconds we are swarmed with papparazi's and many questions fill the air. 'Scarlett over here', 'scarlett who are the kids?', 'why are there two kids with you?', 'are they your secret children?' They ask and i think about an answer. "These are just some kids i ran into and they wanted a picture" i answer and i walk away hoping they would follow me. A lot of them did but not all znd when i looked back i saw a look on madeline's face and i knew i fucked up big time. I could see the hurt and panic on her face and jackson being the good brother he is comforted her and took her away from them. I know there are going to je many articles about them but i want them to have a choice to keep their lives private. I also want them to meet our families again before the world knows about them.

Madeline POV

When we got out of the store we were swarmed by papparazi's and i didn't like it at all. They started adking many questions and they were all shouting at the sad time and i felt my breathing picking up a little. Then scarlett said we were just some random fans and i didn't know she could break my heart any more but she just did. She just said it without thinking twice about it and she walked away, just like she always does. I don't know why i keep letting myself getting hurt by her, she made it clear on may times she doesn't want me and i have to accept that.
While i was stuck in my head jackson started calming me down and brought me back into the store to shake off the papparazi's. When we were alone i just started crying and jackson took me in hi arms "hey it's okay" he said and i shake my head "no it's not okay. It's not. Did you hear what she said?" I ask and he nods "she souldn't have said that" he says and i scoff "ofcourse she souldn't have but she did and it show how much she truly cares, she didn't even have to think twice about her answer. And most of all she shouldnnt have walked away, she should be her protecting us and calming me down but the moment it gets a little hard she walks away, like she always does." I say with tears streaming down my face. "I gave her a chance i really did i tried but i don't know if i can keep trying and keep getting hurt everytime i open up. I don't think it's worth it." I tell him and he sighs "i know she hurt you and i know you don't trust adults for whatever reason but i think you should let it rest for a while and than look at it and decide wether or not you want to give her another chance. It's your choice and i'm okay woth whatever you choose but for what it's worth i think you should give her another chance because i know how many times you cried because you wanted a mother. And i know that on every birthday you wished for your mom to come back, same with every shooting star. I think it would be stupid to not give her another chance now she's this close to you" he says and before i can answer there's a tall man standing next to us. "Are you jackson and madeline?" He asks and i look at jackson "yeah why?" He asks the man "come with me" he says in his deep voice and i take jackson's hand.