109

Madeline POV

Two days have passed and it's thursday now. Dad has been on his phone almost non stop. We had a good talk about scarlett and that i really have to give her a chance when i go over because she means well. So with that in mind i got ready, got in my car and made my way over to her house.

I was a bit nervous because i haven't been here in a long time and the last time i was here wasn't a really good memory. After taking a deep breath i went up to the door and rang the bell. Colin opened the door and he had a big smile on his face. He let me in and i followed him to the kitchen "not that i'm not happy to see you but what are you doing here?" He asks me and i frowm "uhm monday at dinner scarlett asked me to come over to spend some time here with you guys and rose" i answer him and he frowns "by that look on your face i'm guessing she didn't tell you?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No she did but she got a call on tuesday and she had to go meet her manager. She told me she took care of everything and i thought she let you know" he tells me.

"Oh" is all i get out, she didn't even think about me to let me know she wouldn't be here. She doesn't even care enough to think about me while she's the one who invited me, who was going to make it up to me and show me how much she loves me. "You could always stay until she gets back. Normally she's be done around noon" colin says and snaps me out of my thoughts "no it's okay. I think i'll head to the store and make me and dad some lunch, maybe even get blue a new toy or something." I tell him "no i mean i don't have to get to work for another hour so i can stay for a while with you" he insists but i shake my head "no it's fine really. I- i'll just go. It's fine" i say, the hurt clearly noticable in my voice and i walk outside. How could she forget, that was the only thought that filled my mind while i was driving to my next stop.

Colin POV

I was surprised when madeline showed up at the door because scarlett had to go to work and she told me she took care of everything. Well i gues she just ment finding a babysitter for rose. She forgot to tell madeline and i could hear her heart drop and the hurt in her voice. I was mad at scarlett, really mad. I know what she told madeline and she's supposed to be trying her best to get her back, but she's just making promises she can't keep.

I called her phone and after a few rings she picked up "hi babe why are you calling me?" She asks through the phone and my blood starts boiling a bit "did you forget something about today?" I ask her hoping she's realise she forgot but her answer says it all "no i don't think so. Why?" And i scoff at her answer "okay if you didn't forget anything then tell me why your daughter showed up at nine" i tell her and then she realises "oh shit. I forgot to tell her. God i'm so stupid" i hear her say and i sigh "just calm down okay. You can make it up to her another time but i don't want you to stress out and screw up with your manager. But just so you know i'm mad at you" i tell her and she sighs. "I'm sorry . I didn't mean to forget, it just slipped my mind because i'm still not used to her not living with us anymore. Look i gotta go but i'll make it up to her and to you aswell okay?" She asks and i agree "great i love you" she says before hanging up.

I get ready for work and the only thing i can think about is how hurt she sounded. It's nothing like i've ever heard before and i feel so sorry for her.

Madeline POV

When i came home from grocery shopping and i went straight to the kitchen. I was busy getting everything out so i didn't even turn to look when i heard the door. "Look dad i know i told you i'd be home around four. And i'm sorry that i'm early but you won't believe what she did this time. And altho i know you told me to give her a chance, wich i really did, she didn't care enough. When i got there it was only colin at home, appereantly she had to meet her manager today. I know it's not that big of a deal but she knew two days ago, and she told colin she took care of everything but she didn't let me know." I ramble before taking a breath.

"I mean when you think about it it sounds really stupid, but to me it isn't. It just shows me once again how much i truely mean to her. She didn't even think about me to let me know. That tells me she doesn't even care enough about me to think about me. I mean i'm her first child, her oh so special babygirl as she says. But if i'm really that important to her then why doesn't she love me, why doesn't she care, and why doesn't she think about me. God it makes me so mad that i was this stupid to forgive her again. I mean how many times will i have to get hurt before giving up hope with her?" I finish angrily.

When i get no answer i turn around and my eyes widen "you're not dad" is all i can say and i just stare.

Happy newyear loves!

Oh how i love a good drama.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and you're haven a great day🤍

Till the next chapter babes <3