30

Lizzie's POV

After hearing madeline cry and explaining everything i couldn't help but feel angry towards scarlett. She knows how hard it is for them to get on building their relationship and still she treats her like this. I know it's not my position to tell scarlett everything mads has told me because i know she doesn't trust easily and i won't betray her trust. Right now i'm doing the only thing i know i have to do, try and save scarlett's ass so maybe she'll give her another chance. "Look baby i'm sure scarlett didn't mean it like that. She just said that to those paps so they would leave you alone. She didn't want you to be bothered by them that's why" i tell her. Scarlett better have some good ass reason for making my goddaughter so upset. I lost her once but i won't lose her twice due to scarlett's stupid actions.

After sitting there in eachothers embrace for a while it's dinnertime "hey we should get down for dinner" i say and she doesn't answer. "Do you want me to bring it upstairs for you?" I ask her and she nods "okay i'll be back soon monkey" i say and i walk away.

When i get to the kitchen i see scarlett sitting on the kitchen island, she looks like she's been crying, but i can't feel sorry for her because she made my little monkey so upset. "Hey i'm just making mads and i some dinner you want something to?" I ask her and she just shrugs. "I-is she okay?" She asks, her voice sounds even raspier than it does otherwise because of the crying. "She will be. I think she needs some time to process and someone to be there with her" i tell her and she nods. "So... what happened?" I ask after a minute "i left them" she says almost to wuiet for me to hear "why?" I ask while madhing the potatoes "i don't know. I guess i got scared and i wanted them to follow me and leave them alone but they didn't. And then when i wanted to ho back they saw me again and i left them again. I felt so helpless at that moment and i didn't want to leave them but it was the only thing i could think about" she rambles and i nod. "Well i think that what you did might have some bigger consequences than you think because madeline was relly bad when i first got upstairs." I tell her while setting a plate with mashed potatoes, a sausage and beans in front of her. "Did she say anything to you?" Scar asks me with tears in jer eyes "she did but i can't tell you because i don't want to betray her trust now that i'm starting to earn it" i say and walk of with mine and madeline's plates.

As i walk back into madeline's room i see her sitting at her desk writing something down. "Hey monkey dinner's ready" i say and i catch her attention "thanks auntie liz" she says with a soft but broken voice "so what are you writing?" I ask and she smiles a little "i just had some lyrics ideas so i wrote them down" ahe says and i smile at that. "Well after dinner i want to hear some of your songs" i say and she mods.

Madeline POV

Lizzie and i ate in a comfortable silence in my room, i didn't want to go down and face scarlett or anyone else for that matter. When i finished lizzie started clapping her hands and i started laughing at the childish gersture. "Okay i want to hear some of those songs you're talking about" she says and i nod looking trough my notebook. "Well i don't think i'll be able to sing mich bevause for most of these i already have a tune in mind and i don't have any of those instruments here" i say and lizzie pouts. "You don't have any song that you can sing without needing the instruments?" She asks and i look trough my notebook until i see driver's liscense "okay i found one i can play on the guitar but i want this ine to be on the piano when i record it someday" i say and i take the guitar and i start playing and singing.

( a/n: tought it would be nice to put the song in here because when i read something about a song it helps me visualising the book so yeah)

When i'm done i look up and see her with tears in her eyes "so what do you think?" I ask her in a hopefull tone. "That was absolutely amazing little monkey" she says and wraps me in a hug "thanks " i answer "are there anymore i can hear right now?" She asks me and i look trough my notebook again. "Well i have some parts i can sing without instrument but it eon't be as good as the first one" i say getting a bit insecure about it. "I don't care sometime this week i'll take you to robbie's stufio and you can let me hear all of them" she answers and i smile. "Okay bit don't judge because it's not the full song and it's without music" i say and she nods. I take a deep breath and start singing " and i say that i'm trough, but this song is still for you. All i want is love that lasts, is all i want to much to ask? Is it something wrong with me? All i want is a good girl are my expectations far to high? Tried my best but what can i say, all i have is myself at the end of the day. But shouldn't that be enough for me?" I finish and lizzie looks at me woth the biggest smile. "What?" I ask and she hugs me again. "Have you ever tought about starting a music career?" Lizzie asks and i shrug "i mean yeah i have but i don't think it would work out" i tell her honestly. Lizzie just nods and she has this weird expression on her face, i think she's up to something but i don't know what.

Hi lovely people!

First of all thank you for reading i really apreciate it.

Any toughts on the book this far?

Take care of yourself, have a great day an i love you🤍