111

Madeline POV

It's sad when you think about it. My dad's girlfriend, who'm i've known for less than a day, thinks more about me than my own mother. It's sad that i have two people that are better moms to me than my real one. I guess you could say i have mommy issues but honestly who wouldn't in my place. I've been broken and hurt more times than i can remember by the woman who was supposed to love me. But i guess it just fits my stoy and who i am.

Right now i'm sitting on a bench with alycia, in the park, blue and dodger are running around and having fun, so i decided to talk to her and get to know her a little bit. "So how did you and dad meet?" I ask her and she smiles "well i've seen him on multiple events before and i always thought he was good looking but i never had the courage to talk to him. And then a little bit over three months ago i went to a party and he was there aswell. I had a few drinks and worked up my courage and decided to shoot my shot, we talked, danced and laughed for the rest of the party and we exchanged numbers. We started texting, met up a couple of times and it just sorta happened" she explained and she has this sparkle in her eyes when she talks about him. I listened to her with a big smile on my face.

"that's cute. We're you okay with the fact that he wanted to wait to tell me?" I ask and she nods "absolutely. I mean a good parent always knows what's best for their kids, and if he wasn't ready to tell you than i would've waited until he was. It wouldn't matter if he would need another couple of months because in the end it would be worth it" she andsers and i nod. We talked four another hour but it didn't even seem that long. We lost track of time and both our phones were on scilent so we didn't hear when dad called. While walking back home i needed to say one more thing so i stopped walking and she turned to me with a small frown "please don't hurt him. I know you don't intent to but he has never brought someone home with him so he must be pretty serious about this. I just don't want him to end up hurt and alone" i tell her and she nods "i won't. I haven't even told him but i love him. And i love you, and i'm not going to hurt or leave either one of you" she answers and i smile. She saw right through me because even tho i was asking her not to hurt him i was also asking her not to hurt me, because if i let her in that's the thing i'm most scared of. And it's like she could read my mind or sense it in my voice but i was happy she did because i know she'll be great for our little family.

Chris POV

The last thing i remember before falling asleep was giving in to watch a stupid movie because alycia was to cute to say no to. And i don't even remember starting it so i guess if they ask me wether or not it was a good movie i'll just say yeah.

But when i woke up i was alone to my surprise, no sight of alycia, no sight of madeline and no sight of the dogs. I tried calling and texting both of them but they didn't answer, i started getting worried and called them again, and still no andwer. And just as i was about to call again the door opened and they walked in laughing. I let out a relieved sigh and their laughter stopped once they saw my face "is everything okay?" Madeline asks and i shake my head "no it's not okay. I was worried sick, i woke up and all of you were gone, i tried calling, texting and no one answered me. Something could've happened" i say and they look at me with a smile on her face "it's nice to know you care so much about our little family" madeline says and i smile wide at those last three words. Our little family. I look at alycia and she's smiling aswell, i'm glad madeline likes her and she has welcomed her into our family.

Madeline POV

For the rest of the night we ate, played some games, we obviously teamed up on dad and we laughed. And when we said goodnight i went over  to dad to give him a kiss on his cheek like i always do and wish him a goodnight. Then without thinking i did the same to alycia, i kissed her cheek and wished her a goodnight. At first i stopped a moment realising what i did and then i took of running out of emberassement. I could hear them both laughing at me and i went even faster.

Why do i always have to emberass myself like that was the thought that filled my mined when i was getting ready for bed. I sent florence a quick goodnight text and then i went to sleep.

I'm sorry for the wait but it's been busy around here.

I hope you're enjoying this book and you're doing fine🤍

Till the next chapter babes<3