114

Scarlett POV

I was excited when chris invited us over for a barbeque at his place. I was going to spend the day with madeline and try to talk to her about yesterday if i got the chance. But most of my excitement left my body when i saw alycia there. I kept wondering what she was doing here all close with my daughter, laughing and giggling. At first i tought she was a friend of madeline that she met somewhere, but that would be unlikely because she isn't in the acting buisness, atleast not that i know of. And then chris told me they have been dating for two months and the feeling of jealousy hits me. I know i shouldn't but i can't help feeling like this and thinking that she'll take my daughter away from me and i don't want that. I'm still trying to get back on good terms with her and now she comes along and i really hope she doesn't ruin my chances.

When madeline took me alone to talk i was going to talk to her about yesterday but i was doubting it all to much and i didn't do it. I felt really stupid and scolded myself mentally as she went outside.

Then when i got there she was in alycia's arms, both of them were laughing and dancing. I watched them from the stairs and then madeline came over and asked me to dance. That immediatly lifted my spirits and i felt happy. Dancing with my daughter, like there were no trouble between us.

Later on we went to sit by the tree and started talking. Somewhere in the chat boyfriends came up and i didn't know if madeline had someone or not and i was getting curious about it. Then she blurted something about jade's boyfriend being clingy when he's in the mood to what alycia asked her if florence was like that. I was shocked to find out that she's together with florence like this, but also dissapointed that she didn't tell me herself. She told us they didn't got that far yet and i was a bit relieved to be honest. She then glanced my way and i could see the guilt written on her face when she did.

A little while later madeline excused herself and made a scilent motion for me to follow her, so i did. She went up to her bedroom, somewhere i didn't really expect her to go, but i guess it's because she feels safe there. She sat down on the bed sideways and i took the same position at the end of her bed. I was waiting for her to talk first and after a minite she did. "I'm sorry" she muttered and she looked down to her hands. I wasn't sure what to say so i stayed quiet and waited for her to continue "i'm sorry we didn't tell you but if you let me explain i hope you'll understand" she says and i nod telling her it's okay.

"Before i met you and dad i already had like the biggest crush ever on florence. And once i met her the feelings only grew. I never expected her to feel the same thing about me but she did. We decided to look where things would go in the beginning and before i went on tour it was clear to me that i wanted her to be my girlfriend, so on my last show i asked her. The public knows that i have a girlfriend but they don't know it's her and we'd like to keep it that way, at least for a while. The first time i saw you after the tour i was going to tell you but florence asked to wait a little longer because she wasn't ready to tell you yet. Just like i'm not ready to tell the world it's her. She didn't want to tell you because she was scared that we wouldn't have you apporval or that you'll treat her diffrently on set. I understood where she came from and agreed to not telling you until it was the right time" she says and i sigh "when was the right time going to be?" I ask her and she shrugs "i don't know. I swear i didn't want you to find out like this. I was going to tell you myself because i know it feels shitty to find out like this. I just wanted to wait until florence felt comfortable enough" she says and she looks at me with glossy eyes.

I move closer and take her hands in mine "it's okay sweet girl. Ofcourse i'd rather hear it from you but it happened like this and i'm fine with it. And if florence makes you happy then that's the only thing that matters to me and you'll have my approval" i tell her and wipe the tears from her face. I keep my hands on her cheeks making sure she doesn't look away before speaking up again "when i told you i was going to try my best to make things work between us i really ment it. And i'm really sorry about yesterday but i'm still not quite used to not having you live with me. I know that's not an excuse and i should do better but people make mistakes sometimes and that's okay. And you did what you thought was best for your relatioship and i understand that, and i'm not mad at you for it okay" i finish and she nods. Just as i was about to drop my hands she lunges herself forward into my arms, but as i wasn't prepared for it i fell backwards onto her bed with her on top of me.

I'm really glad she explained it to me and we talked about it without another fight. And with her hugging me now i feel like my heart is whole again, like al the trouble we have been through didn't matter because i had my little girl close to me. And i hope she'll open up to me, even a small bit. But i know i can't expect that from her right away and i'm willing to wait for her to be ready. However long it takes.

First of all i'm sorry for rhe long wait but i'm superbusy with zork at the moment and i have irregular hours so it's hard to find time to update. But from now on i'll try to update at least once a werk until the end of the book.

I'm also thinking about writing another book after this one so if you have any ideas for my next one they are always welcome.

At first i was thinking about them getting into a fight over this but i decided against it because they deserve a good moment.

I hope you're doing good. And my messages are always open if you need to talk🤍

Till the next chapter babes <3