17

Narrate Archie}

It was 9:00 p.m. and I was at the door of my house. Cheryl left us at my entrance and left, Kevin also went down, she warned me not to spoil him and quickly returned home.

I was afraid to go in, mom would kill me. Take my bags and take it to the back, in the gallery. First I needed to see Betty. I turned forward and stopped at his entrance. For a moment I thought about going up the window but... I was going to be a father, damn it. I had to start behaving like an adult and that meant looking at what my mother-in-law would be? I rang the doorbell and put my hands in my pockets, nervous. The door opened, letting me see an Alice with slightly red eyes.

A: Mrs. Cooper

Alice: I guess you already knew, didn't you?

A: -my hands were sweating, I had to face it- Mrs. Cooper, I... I'm sorry, I should have come before, I just found out too but I'm going to take responsibility

Alice: -she looked at me a little confused- well... if you just found out you don't have to. The only one responsible here is your friend.

Stab. Puncture. Afternoon, Archie. It's always too late for you.

A: ah... yes, of course -rei nervous. I needed my boxing bag now- Is Betty at home?

Alice: Of course, it's upstairs - she ran to let me in -

A: thank you -enter-

I went up to the room where I had been more times than I ever thought. I noticed that the door was half-open and I took the liberty of entering carefully. I found Betty, fixing her bed, which was behind my back. He leans on the door and when he heard the noise he turned to see me, his eyes opened in surprise. She was in pajamas and she looked so beautiful, two days without seeing her and I had missed her as if it were two years.

B: Archie? -whisper-

He leaned on the back of the bed. I went quickly to her and she vanished in my arms. Scared, I put her to bed and checked if she was breathing.

I was about to go out to get help when I felt like I was holding my arm. I turned to see her, her eyes were slightly open but her expression looked tired. His hand went to my cheek and I caressed her. I smiled and put my hand on yours.

B: you came back - his voice was soft and calm - mini Andrews and I were waiting for you. I thought you would never come back.

I smile. "Mini Andrews," I wish Dad heard that.

A: I did it, for you and for him.

B: I smile and take away his hand with affliction - I wish you were here - I whisper before and yawn and fall into the world of dreams -

I was immobilized. Did you really think I was dreaming? He looked so peaceful, with a small smile on his face. Imagine that maybe he dreamed of me... even if it sounds very impossible. I left a little kiss on his forehead and when I was going to leave I stopped to look at his belly. There was growing the fruit of the immense love we had for each other, that was undeniable. I bent down and lifted his shirt a little just to give a little kiss to mini Andrews. Arrange your clothes again and wrap them up.

Before I left, take a little look at him and come down. Say hello to Alice and go out.

Now I had to deal with mom.