34

<Marathon 3/5>

When I woke up in the morning, mom told me that she had visitors. Something strange, I even went down in pajamas to see who he was and when I saw him I sbalanced on him hugging him.

B: Kevin! You'll be back!

K: I missed you too - I'm going back to hug me-

I had been so much in my own world that I had forgotten it. After the sad graduation he went on a tour of the mysterious university where he sent the application, I think he came back before yesterday but there was no time to see us because... well, it's Christmas. I separated a little from him with a big smile, I noticed that I was carrying a bag and I knew they were gifts.

B: come, let's go up

K: No, wait. Tell me first what you'll give me something for breakfast, I'm starving.

Alice: I'll bring you breakfast in a moment.

K: Thank you Mrs. Cooper, I will be eternally grateful.

I laughed a little and we went up to my room. When I arrived, I closed the door and he went straight to my bed.

B: tell me how it went

K: I'll tell you, but first open the gifts.

He looked excited so I listened to him and took out of the bag a small bear, a set of very "fashionable" baby clothes, a perfume and a pacifier in the shape of an elephant.

B: aww, thank you Kev. All this is beautiful - kiss his cheek-

K: and this one is for you.

He spread an envelope to me and took it with curiosity. I opened it, it was a request for... oh, for God's sake, New Heaven! And it was approved.

B: Kev... shall we go to New Heaven together? -I said excitedly-

K: Yes! I can go with my godson. Everything is already planned, B. I even got an apartment and the only one I'll let in there is Archie, if Jones goes, get a place

B: You don't change, eh. This is great, better than I imagined.

K: "I know, you're welcome," he said something superb.

Rei and began to tell me how it was there, the university and the department. I listened attentively although the desire to pee attacked me so I had to leave it for a moment. When I returned, I noticed that I had found Archie's gift, with the note. There was emotion and sighing in his face.

K: tell me that you said yes.

B: Kev...

K: What did I miss, Cooper? Do you feel now?

B: ok ok - I sat down and pouted - promise me not to get mad at me

K: Oh my God, what did you do?

I started telling him what Archie did, what I did, the fight, the distance and finally what happened last night. Kevin remained silent, got up to take two laps and breathe.

B: Kev? -I couldn't decipher his face-

K: I think it's my fault.

B: What are you talking about?

K: I shouldn't have left them alone with all these bloodsuckers hanging around

B: Kevin! -I knew I said it for Cheryl, Veronica and Jughead-

K: I should have imagined it. I pass in front of my nose! But the worst thing is that you didn't tell me anything.

B: you left

K: Yes, on graduation day! You could have told me. Besides, I only left for a few days, there is the phone.

B: I'm sorry

K: the day they stop shitting it, I'm going to throw a party - he sat down again in frustration.

B: it was his fault.

K: no one denies it, but... Jughead? He made a disgusting face. Rei denying - it wasn't really necessary

B: I wanted to feel that someone loved me even if it sounds stupid... I wanted to replace it, like before

K: we both know thanks to years of experience that you will never be able to replace it, it is useless

B: I know, I know

K: thank goodness I fixed everything again... again.

B: Kev, no -neg your head-

K: none of that, Kev, yes. Look, they both screwed up, they are the kings of ruining everything. But, they are in "equal" conditions now. It's time to leave it behind.

B: no, Kev. I can't live in fear that Veronica will show up and seduce him or whatever, again.

K: Well, believe me, I don't think it's nice to know that at the slightest mistake, and I'm not talking about this one because this one was big, the girl you love leaves with her spare. Admit it, they both did it wrong.

I leaned back hugging my pillow. Why was he always right? I smile proudly.