27

After getting dressed, we went down for breakfast. We were being somewhat silent since Mary was still sleeping, she had been in a difficult case these days and needed a mental rest.

Prepare two chocolates while Archie cut two portions of a common biscuit but with enough cream that we had prepared the night before. We sat down at the table. Archie was a little gone.

B: land Archie, what's going on in that head?

A: nothing. I'm mentally preparing for what will happen in a few hours.

B: don't stress too much, it's our last day of school, enjoy it

A: -asintio, something sad- sometimes I would like everything to be different. We survived in the end... but we only have Kev left. I still remember the afternoons at Pop's the four of us

B: yes... Kev is unconditional - he got a lump in my throat and stopped eating. The images of everyone together in the corridors or eating something tormented me-

A: Betty? Are you okay?

B: yes, I just lost my appetite.

A: Is that what I was just saying? I'm sorry, I'm a fool

B: no, it's not that - try to smile and kiss his cheek - I'll go get my things, finish fasting

A: Are you sure you don't want it anymore?

B: sure - I left him another kiss and went for my backpack and my coat-

When we left, we walked quietly to school, we didn't talk much, I think we were both a little melancholic.

When we arrived, we went to our lockers. Archie was going to take out some books when I saw Veronica walking. I went after her.

B: Veronica

V: -she turned to see me, a little surprised- Betty

B: Can we... talk? Please

V: am... of course," she said strangely.

We went to the blue and gold, as I would miss this place. Look for a moment with melancholy to turn to see her again.

B: I... I wanted to apologize for everything that has happened. I didn't want all this to end like this.

V: It's okay, Betty. I was thinking about it and maybe I was the "encommitted" here, you were destined from the beginning. I always knew it, even if I don't want to admit it. I want you to know that I'm not mad at you - I smile-

B: -I smiled widely- I missed my best friend

V: B and V together again?

B: together again

We gave each other a little hug and looked at each other a little sad. Together again for one more day. When I left, I took my arm safely, getting some people to turn to see us, this felt incredible, it was really important to me. When he got close to Archie, he looked at us confused.

V: remove that face, Archiekings, wrinkles will grow - I let go to put his hands together - do you know that they will get by tomorrow?

B: in fact, yes

A: hey... yes, something like that

V: great, it will be one day I n o l v i d a b l e

B: -I miss the emphasis on the word but I was too happy to think about it- yes, it will be

The bell rang and we each share the rest of their rooms.

When it was lunchtime, Archie, Kevin and I went to one of the usual tables. We weren't talking about anything special when we noticed that Jughead and Veronica approached us with their trays.

A: Are they coming to us?

K: yes and it's weird

B: Why don't they just enjoy it? It's the last time we can do this.

K: But, Betty, you don't think it's...

B: please? -please interrupting it-

K: -supiro- well, I'll do it. We will be like when we were 16

Archie smiled at me, he knew he was almost as comfortable as I was. The two dark-haired boys stopped in front of us and I signaled them to feel comfortable. They did it.

V: Well, how's your last day going?

A: very sad, in fact

J: I'm going to miss the horrors of Blue and Gold

B: me too, just thinking about it I want to cry.

A: Well, that's the baby's fault

V: They have their turn today, right? -Archie and I looked at her- Jughead told me

J: Yes, I did. Is there anything wrong with it?

B: no, no. Not at all and yes, today there is a check-up more than anything because the first months are very risky.

V: of course...

K: and are you already thinking about what to do from Monday?

V: I can barely cope with my nerves, in a couple of weeks I will go to Columbia. I decided that I wanted to spend some of my summer here before I left...

And for a moment it felt as if we were the same guys from four years ago talking about our teenage problems or some serial killer, only that this time they were universities, jobs, trips on the last day of school.

I wanted to keep that memory in my memory, five boys full of aspirations and a great future ahead... I wanted to keep us in my mind like this, young and happy forever.