48

{Narra Kevin}

Finish my coffee and knock on the door of the Cooper-Jones house. Alice opened the door for me and greeted her friendly. All my things were already in the car, only the two of them were missing. After a mini conversation with her, I went up to pick up Betty. I stopped when I walked through the door of Jughead's room. Oh God, forgive me for what I'm going to do.

I knocked on the door and heard a "forward". Sigh and enter. I noticed that I was packing the last one. He looked at me in surprise.

J: Am I looking bad or is Kevin Keller knocking on my door?

K: hello, Jughead. I wanted to talk to you about Betty.

J: tell me," he said something disinterested.

K: you won't go to Yale

J: oh... well. Is this real?

He stopped and looked at me, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

J: umm... I see... has a red hair disappointed you? I admit that I'm surprised, I thought it would never happen.

K: This has nothing to do with Archie. It has to do with Betty and the baby, your baby.

J: This is not necessary, Keller. Talk to her and...

K: and shit. Do you really think she's going to ask you to stay? It's your future and SHE fought hard for you to get it. You're going to leave her alone in a new city with a child. What head does that fit in?

His face turned and I rolled his eyes. After this they would deny me the entrance to heaven, I'm sure.

J: So what? Am I going to live with you and are we going to have a happy life? You and I know that won't happen.

K: Of course, you're going to have to get a job and a roof on your own, Jones. But in return you're going to be with your son, don't you think that's enough? Also, I'm not asking you, I'm ordering you to take the damn plane with us and get up. Stop thinking about yourself, now you have another life in charge.

He sighed frustrated and sat on the bed. He ran his hands through his hair and nodded loudly.

J: It's okay! All right, damn it... I'll have to change tickets and...

K: that's not my problem - I interrupted it - we leave at 10:00 am in the car. By noon we will be at the airport, just send me a message if you got a flight at that time or later

I left her room and crossed Alice with a cup of tea. I offered to take it to Betty. I gave two small blows.

{Narra Betty}

I yawned and sat on the bed. I hadn't slept at all, but at least everything was ready. Look at the time, 8:00 am. I heard two knocks on the door and it opened, letting me see a totally awake Kevin with a cup of tea in his hand.

K: time to get up, sleeping beauty

B: good morning, Kev - I yawned again - for me?

K: for you - I give myself the tea and I drank - I see that you are ready

B: Ujum. You made me work hard but everything is ready, you?

K: the same. But I thought you would need some time before we left.

I denied while I was drinking my tea.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, we put my things in the car and I said goodbye to mom and Fp, Jughead wasn't even downstairs so I left him.

After the farewell, I looked longing at Archie's house... I would at least like to be able to say goodbye to him.

We got in the car and Kev drove to the airport. We spent the whole trip singing.

When we arrived, we took our bags and entered the airport, it was only 30 minutes before boarding our plane so we bought fries and sat down to wait.

{Narra Archie}

I took my coat and my keys. I went straight to the car like lightning, I took the ring with me. I started and drove to the airport while I was trying to get Betty or Kevin to answer my phone but it was useless, it takes me to voicemail. Frustrated, I put it aside and kept driving. It had to arrive.

I did arrive and entered the airport like a madman trying to look for his face or Kev's. In the distance, in some seats that were on their backs, I noticed a girl with a high and blond ponytail. I smiled relieved and ran there.

A: Betty!

{Narra Betty}

Kevin had been glued to his cell phone a few minutes ago, I laughed a little.

B: what are we requested today?

I was going to continue but someone said my name behind me, a voice that was more than familiar to me. I turned around and found it. Oh...

B: Jughead? What are you doing here?

J: I'm sorry, Betts. I'm not going to leave you alone, I'll go with you.

I smiled and hugged him. Notice Kevin with rolling eyes and laughed a little. Poor thing, Kev. If it were for him, I would send him back to Yale.

We heard the call from our flight and the three of us took our light bags and went on our way to board them.

When I went up the escalator, I turned around hoping to see his face one last time... but he wasn't there. Kevin squeezed my hand and I tried to smile.

This would be a new life... without Archie Andrews.

{Narra Archie}

Reach the girl and touch her shoulder. My face reddened when I noticed it wasn't Betty, I apologized and kept looking for her. I spent 15 minutes trying to find it, but it was in vain.

I had lost it. I missed my last chance.

I sat in one of the waiting seats and looked at the velvety box in pain.

This would be a new life... without Betty Cooper.