53

We both looked at each other without saying a word, I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. I opened my mouth to say something, but the blonde girl I was talking to interrupted.

Xx: am...well, call me

I kissed his cheek as he left a piece of paper in his hand and moved his hips. Was he flirting with her? I couldn't say anything else, since I heard the voice of the person I least wanted to see right now.

V: Archiekings! Where did you go?

I walk towards us and when he saw me, he got serious looking around, I guess looking for Fred. He smiled falsely and grabbed Archie's arm, caressing his hand very purposely. When I saw her, I noticed the ring on her ring fingers and my stomach turned.

V: what a surprise to see you here, B. So long without seeing each other but now Archie and I have to go, right, Archiekings?

A: s..si

V: goodbye, Betty. We'll talk another day.

He said as he pulled him to finally take him away. It was too much information to process. I finished the shopping and went home, I felt like it was automatic, my mind kept thinking about what had happened a few minutes ago. Park in my building and take the bags.

Upon entering the apartment, a Kevin with his arms crossed was waiting for me in the kitchen. I looked at him defeated, not wanting to talk.

K: Do you remember when I told you that I was protecting you from Archie? It's just because of these things. We are not children, Betty.

B: I saw it

K: you don't want to change your... what?!

B: That, Kev. I saw it... it's not the Archie I know.

K: in what sense do you say it?

B: now he has black hair and dresses as if he were going to a catwalk just to go to the market... it was a bit rude and... he is married to Veronica

K: shit... -murmur- it's a Lodge

B: that explains the hair and everything.

K: Could you talk to him?

B: I literally heard it say only my name and a "yes" before Veronica took it.

K: that's a problem...

B: I know. There's a great chance that I won't even see him again.

K: no... it's Archie and he knows you're here... if there's still some of the redhead I've ever met, he's definitely not going to continue his normal life, especially considering that it must be quite heavy to live with Veronica's hateful

B: umh... in fact...

K: What?

B: I saw him flirting with a girl. I think he's been putting up with it quite well... - I grimaced - I don't want to talk about this anymore. What about Jughead?

K: he took Fred to go to the square in front for a while. I guess they will come at any time.

B: I have to give you a lot of explanations...

K: and you're also forgetting something

B: What? -I'm one hundred-

K: the dinner that has been scheduled for days

B: Shit! I forgot, it's today.

K: Exactly, they will surely be able to talk a lot during it.

B: Why did I accept? Tell me - I moan with frustration - I need someone to hit me.

K: don't ask me twice - we laugh-

{Narra Archie}

Veronica went down and waited until I came in while I watched our employees enter the food and whatever was bought this time. I was impatient in the car until they double-tapd the window. I put it down.

Marco: Sir, here's what you asked me for. That's what we've achieved so far

A: Just this? -look at the folder annoying-

Marco: it was the fastest that...

A: yes, yes, anyway. Tell Taylor to look for everything he can about what he already knows I'm interested in.

Marco: yes, sir

He retired and I went up the window again. I opened the brown folder and found only two sheets with things I already knew about it. I had asked them to investigate what had been of B this time when I was absent. Everything was rubbish except for one thing, the academic section. I smiled broadly. Oh, I'll have to prepare my best suit for Friday.