42

The weeks passed and between the third month of pregnancy. The tummy was starting to be noticed but not too much. I hardly had nausea and dizziness, although what I did have was laziness and hunger... quite a lot of both.

Regarding Jug and Archie, a week ago we did the DNA test and we were anxiously waiting for the results. That role would completely change the lives of 3 people.

All this time I had had a good relationship with both of them, and I tried to avoid excessive affection. I didn't want to excite anyone even though they both were, it was inevitable.

I went down for breakfast, still half asleep. I rubbed my eyes yawning and noticed that there was correspondence on the floor. I took it and I was paralyzed when I saw that the results were there.

B: Jughead!

I left the other cards on the living room table while I picked up my phone to dial Archie.

J: What's going on? -he said leaving the kitchen with a coffee in his hand-

I pointed out the letter and he got serious, sitting on the couch. Archie answered.

A: Hello, Betts. Good morning

B: Archie, the results are ready

It takes me a moment to respond.

A: I'm going there

I cut short and I was still standing, nervous. The doorbell rings instantly and I'm going to open it. When he saw him, he was still wearing his sleeping clothes. I hugged him scared.

Yes...maybe he has had a more loving relationship with that with Jughead.

A: Don't worry, Betts. Everything will be fine, and in a month the three of us will go to New Heaven... and Kevin

I nodded with a small smile and closed the door. We went to the living room and they both greeted each other with a head movement, totally serious. Archie sat on one's couch and I sat next to Jug. With trembling hands, open the envelope and take out the result. Take a deep breath. Start reading it out loud.

Probabilities of Paternity: Archibald Andrews

%0.01

Probabilities of Paternity: Forsythe. P. Jones

%99.99

My eyes filled with tears and they were not of happiness. Jughead smiled broadly and hugged me but I couldn't reciprocate. Look through his shoulder at Archie who covered his face with his hands and then got up and left. I separated from Jughead and went after him reaching him at the entrance.

B: Archie... -murmur in a sea of tears-

A: it's okay... I guess I should assume it - I try to smile-

B: I'm sorry... I'm sorry, this shouldn't be like that

A: I'm not angry - I kiss my forehead - and congratulations

B: Archie...

He smiled sadly and began to leave. This shouldn't be yours. I hugged my tummy with my eyes closed, wishing it was a nightmare.

I had gotten too used to Archie's kisses, the songs, the "mini Andrews". Nothing was real... his father was in the living room, he didn't have red hair and he definitely didn't write songs.

Now all I have to do is face my destiny... together with... Jughead.