46

{Narra Betty}

Kevin brought me my tea and sat next to me, worried. I kissed his cheek as a sign of gratitude and drank a little, feeling my body warm up again. I don't know how long I was outside while he calmed me down.

K: we'll leave on Friday

B: Friday? -I looked at him alarmed- but that's in two days... and if Archie changes his mind...

K: Betty, no. Archie won't do that, don't you think he'll try?

B: you can try a little more, I know he's just pretending

K: -nego with my head- this time it's... too much, Betty. And don't make me talk because I don't want to make you feel worse. I'm really worried about you and the baby.

B: now say it, Keller

K: -sigh- this is the fault of both, thanks to their actions they came to this. And the results really took us by surprise, but the rest were done by you.

B: but... what if you talk to him?

K: I think he came back with Veronica, Betty... I could do something but if I have to choose to continue playing cupid or take care of you and the child, you know I'm going to choose. I'm not going to stay one more day watching him look out the window and cry.

B: you're telling me to quit

K: No, I'm not saying that. Only that everything will get worse and the best thing will be to wait.

B: tell me why, there has to be a reason. That's not Archie

K: Well, first of all that's an Archie who isn't behind you

B: you don't help

K: and secondly, he's angry. Not with you, or maybe with everyone. I don't know. But it was obvious, we all knew here that if this would happen, he would do the right thing. And with all this Veronica's... I don't know what will happen.

B: all the more reason we shouldn't ignore it, Kev. We can't leave it with her, we know what's going on. He gets lost

K: It's a decision made, Betty. There is nothing more important than you and me in New Heaven now. With a Betty who is not crying at least twice a day. I refuse

B: but Archie...

K: Archie is quite old to take care of himself now. He knows what he's getting into - he pouted - aren't you going to leave it, are you? I can promise that I will keep in touch with him and we could invite him there. But I don't promise that he will answer the flames or that he will see us.

I smiled. Something is something. I finished my tea and stayed in bed, Kevin wrapped me up and kissed my forehead and then said goodbye. I was very worried and I could feel it.

Did he look so bad at me?

I stroked my tummy. The feeling that something was wrong chased me every night, but according to everyone, it was only my desire for it to be so.

I heard a little tap on my window. I knew it was open. Take advantage of the light off to pretend that I was asleep, although the moonlight slightly illuminated the room. He opened and let the boy next door in and closed it carefully. I felt his footsteps approaching and I closed my eyes. I felt his hand on my cheek.

A: I wish things were different

He was talking almost in a whisper.

A: but if we belong to each other, fate will get us together again... or Kevin - try not to laugh at me. That was true - I think I treated it a little badly yesterday, we argued... for you

What?

A: He said he was doing you wrong. I threatened to take you away ahead of schedule, I guess I wanted to say goodbye in case you keep your promise. I... I'm not proud of what I've done this time and maybe it's the best thing you're away from me. Veronica is very insistent when she wants to

My stomach turned when I thought about what I had just said. Veronica had bought it again. I heard a little sigh from him.

A: I know you'll be better there and not here to see me fail again. That's what happens when I'm moved away from my Betty Cooper

Don't cry. Betty, don't cry. I take my hand and caress it.

A: I was going to do it, Betts. The ring was ready. I was a fool. I'm sorry - I murmur and I heard his voice break - it's time to go. I wish you were awake.

He was going to get up but I squeezed his hand preventing him from leaving. He stayed for a moment and in the end he lay down next to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and curled up in his chest. I felt as if all the peace in the world was in his chest and the dream enveloped me.

My hands looked for it but it wasn't there. He opened his eyes, he was starting to wake up. It hadn't been a dream, lose, the whole room has its perfume.

I remembered everything he said the night before and the tears just came out again.

Again.